Notices

Old 11 Oct 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Take a look through my eyes, day 11. More droids, pizza overload and an Animal Kingdom after hours fail. 9th September 2019

John woke up feeling a bit rubbish this morning, that niggling sore throat was now full blown and he didn't feel 100% but there was a BB8 droid waiting to be built at 10:20 this morning.

We took our time today and didn't arrive at HS until just before 10am and it's a lot busier, now the crowds are picking up, than it was last week, so we hot footed it across to GE and the droid workshop to create a friend for R2. It was pretty much the same as the last build and the whole process again took about 20 minutes, we tried to buy some orange and blue personality chips for the droids but these had all sold out. We declined the $50 back pack!

Clutching the newly acquired BB8 we wondered what we should do next as carrying him around limits what we can go on, while we pondered this we decided to try out the blue milk from the milk stand, surprisingly we both enjoyed it, it's a frozen plant based slushy and has a fruity and sherberty taste to it. It's really refreshing, we have yet to try the green milk. Both of these can be served with rum.

We sat on the chairs in Ronto Roasters where you can see out over Batuu with drinks for a little while watching the character interaction, Chewie is so funny with his interactions...

Temperatures were unbearably hot again today, I thought that John could do with another visit to Frozen ever after for a rest and cool down, of course he loved it! I think I loved it more though.

It was around midday we realised that we hadn't yet had any food, I love a Disney pizza so we decided to go to the Sunshine ranch for said pizza, Caeser salad and a large sprite. The pizza was as great as it always is, if I close my eyes, I can smell it now... I'd forgotten that we also had pizza planned for dinner this evening... oops!

We had a FP for TSM where I beat John again, I just can't win on Buzz but can on TSM and I have no idea why, John's excuse today is that he's feeling poorly. Both of us had rubbish accuracy scores! I love the theming in here with the giant toys, the giant plugs and night lights on the walls. It's also quite amusing listening to mr. Potato head in the queue.

We then grabbed a couple of our new favourite Joffrey's frozen cappuccinos and headed back home around 1:30 so John could have a doze as he was feeling slightly rough and we had after hours at Animal Kingdom tonight.

We just had to Introduce the droids to each other, they got on like a house on fire 😂

John then tried to nab 40 winks while I wrote up some notes and surfed the web for a bit, before popping to the Mara to grab a coffee, I may have accidentally used 2 snack credits on a cashew nut cookie and a giraffe eclair 😊 John was wide awake when I returned and we shared the cakes, my favourite was definitely the cashew nut cookie.

We left for AK around 4pm, in hindsight we should have stayed at the lodge for longer but I had booked a 5:30 reservation yesterday at pizzasafari for the family style dining package.

I only had two character meets that I really wanted to do this trip so we fulfilled the first one by meeting Doug and Russell! I love these two, it would be even better if they managed to bring Carl in on it one day, anyone from Disney here?

Next up was the Family style dinning at pizzasafari, yup, I know 2 pizzas in one day, bad planning on my part I think! This is such a good value QS meal, there were only two of us but this could have easily fed a family of four! And again, it's an all you care to eat and we were told if we wanted more of anything just to ask, with the amount of food served up it would be impossible to have more! When you arrive you check in at the podium, order your drinks and are taken to a separate dining room.

A table of four near us had obviously thought hard about this as they asked for another pizza, only ate one piece and then asked for it to be boxed up to go, that's their supper sorted then!

We were served with Caeser salad, caprese salad, Baked ziti, fettuccine with chicken and a large pizza. Dessert is nothing special, 5 little cannoli - odd number for two people? We tried one each but weren't really keen on them. It's all served family style, you don't have to tip as it's a QS but we were looked after really well so left some money on the table. I highly recommend a visit here for a really good value and filing meal.

Around 7pm we paid a visit to the Nomad lounge for a chill out and a cocktail, it's a lovely quiet place to escape to, especially sitting outside on the veranda overlooking the water. I had a lovely watermelon margarita, took me a while to decide what to have, I'm so fussy with alcohol, there isn't much that I like the taste of and don't like anything too strong or sour, but the server convinced me that I would like this and luckily I did, wasn't my favourite but it was nice. John had his usual diet coke. We sat here for about an hour putting the world to rights. I assume that it can get busy here but today there were only 2 other couples here.

We had a bugs life FP up next, I think we go just to hear the other kids reactions, I remember the screams when we first took ours when they were little. It never fails to deliver high pitched screams and laughter, even from the adults who haven't been here before.

Animal Kingdom is so pretty at night, we had the perfect spot to sit and watch the Tree of life awakenings on the chairs behind Mr Kamals over looking the water, not another person in sight. You don't get the full on front view here, more of a side on view but its still lovely, and the awakenings take place all around the tree.

The park had now shut to all guests, and we took a walk around an empty Asia, I was feeding John paracetamol at this point as he wasn't feeling too good but was determined to carry on for as long as he could, he never complains when he is ill. I'm the one in this relationship that gets full on man flu and complains to everyone who will listen!

We then walked over to Pandora...

...Its impossible to capture how beautiful Pandora is at night, the bioluminescence and iPhone cameras don't like each other.
Flight of passage... what can I say! This is totally and utterly breath taking, I physically gasped out loud. The smells and sounds and the feels just full on whack all your senses, when you fly though the forest and come out to the huge expanse of water, under the giant wave, the water in your face, it completely wraps you up and takes you to a different world. Amazing.

Its such a shame that John couldn't ride this, I'd left him sitting in the outside seating area of Satulis. I'd love him to have this experience. We did buy some Dramadol in the hotel gift shop earlier in the week with the plan to get him to take some after dinner and hopefully ride FoP pain free, but with him not feeling great anyway we felt it wasn't such a good idea. So obviously I rode it twice, still full on goosebumps the second time around.

We took another ride on Nav'i before calling it a night just after 11. As we left pandora I realised that we hadn't taken en advantage of the free snacks, so grabbed some water, a coconut ice lolly which was delicious, and a couple of boxes of popcorn, which we started to eat as we where leaving the park and realised that they were salty! Urgh! I hate salty popcorn, so they ended up in the bin.

We didn't make the most of the After hours tickets, we had originally planned to ride everything and eat everything, we rode two rides, didn't go and see the late viewing of rivers of light and had one ice lolly and 2 bottles of water, complete fail on our part! Our original After Hours tickets were booked for the first week, but due to Dorian had to be rescheduled, had we gone on the original date we would have probably done everything but circumstances got in the way. I'm still glad that we managed it though, and I had the most expensive two rides on FoP ever!

14,068 steps today and another blister has erupted on the ball of my foot. I wont be able to get footwear on soon for all the plasters!

Once home we set the alarm just in case as we have breakfast at O'hanas tomorrow

Old 11 Oct 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Chloeoeysmum - 11 Oct 19 1:40 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
millarmagic
slightly serious Dibber

Just caught up on all he days you've posted so far. Loving your trip report and eagerly anticipating the next installment! Thanks for taking the time to write them X
millarmagic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by millarmagic View Post
Just caught up on all he days you've posted so far. Loving your trip report and eagerly anticipating the next installment! Thanks for taking the time to write them X
Thanks for taking the time to read
It’s like therapy writing a trip report, it helps me with the Disney blues
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Shame John wasn’t feeling so good but he did well lasting until 11

Hope he feels better tomorrow

Joan
Old 17 Oct 19, 01:04 PM