Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Jan 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
VicStar
VIP Dibber

We're staying in the BW Plus Park Place for 2 nights in just under a fortnight, if a review of that one is of any help and you don't need it sooner?
VicStar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by NLB View Post
We're staying in the BW Plus Park Place for 2 nights in just under a fortnight, if a review of that one is of any help and you don't need it sooner?
Would love one please we are there in March x
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissuziq
Apprentice Imagineer

Dissuziq's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jheaton View Post
just a few mins further down West Katella from Desert Palms, have a look at Hotel Indigo-I can recommend it

near a Cheescake factory too
we stayed at the hotel Indigo and loved it as well, the walk to the front entrance of Disney, wasn't overly long and the hotel staff were lovely, plus the pool looked small but quite often we were the only ones in there in the evening/morning.
LA 2008,2016, DLP 2019
Dissuziq is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
VicStar
VIP Dibber

Ok so we stayed in the BW Plus Park Place last week, so I have more info on it now if anyone still wants it!

We spent maybe a total of 2 awake hours in the room in the end, falling asleep within half an hour of getting in the door and leaving straight after showers for an early start in the parks, so it won't be a thorough review lol

Basically it was fine, the room was plenty big enough for 2a 3k, clean and had everything we needed for a night or two. Think Premier Inn or Holiday Inn. The outside corridors did make it feel a bit cheap, I admit, but the location made it very worthwhile - there's the pedestrian crossing to Disney right in front of the hotel! From closing the room door behind us to the turnstiles, took less than 5 minutes, including bag check, and that alone made the hotel worthwhile, and I will stay there again in future.

The free breakfast is served at the restaurant right next door (top floor reserved for BW guests, paying guests eat downstairs). It was a buffet with a decent number of choices, although none of them were particularly good quality, and it was a bit of a scrum at prime time when we were there. We definitely wouldn't have paid for it but it filled a hole and they had take-away cups for coffee which was useful too.

We used Tesco vouchers through Hotels.com to pay for the room so it was great value as far as I'm concerned!

Edited at 01:40 PM.
VicStar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

BW park plus is way out our budget for our dates. Is Indigo okay?

Sorry to hijack the thread...
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I've been using this guide to help me choose a hotel for our trip: disneytouristblog/dis...iews-rankings/

It seems quite well balanced in how it rates hotels.

As much as I want to stay in the Disneyland Hotel the savings for staying in what seem to be thoroughly decent hotels right outside the parks is extraordinary. The Park Vue, which seems highly rated in the review above as well as on TripAdvisor would cost us £1000 less than the same 4 night stay in the Disneyland Hotel.

The other place I like the look of is the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance - seems a bit more upscale, and has good swimming and water-fun stuff for the kids.

I think we'll book either the Park Vue or the Marriott for 3 nights and then move over to the DL Hotel for our last night as I really want to try it!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List