Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 May 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We are usually in Florida, so a meal at one of my favourite restaurants. The Bait in Clearwater or Starfish on Cortez nr AMI preferably!
Old 21 May 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
raven45678
Helping Minnie

I tend to ask for experiences too, not things. So last year went out to Calke Abbey for the day then a meal and theatre in the evening, for example. I have everything I want materially, or I can buy it myself, so what I really want for my birthday is my OH's time and some fun doing things together.
raven45678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Bits from Jo Malone, White Company and Dermalogica always go down a treat with me. I could buy them myself but I see them as extravagant so wait until a birthday or Christmas. Last year my OH got me Bon Jovi tickets as well for next month which was perfect! I also love theatre vouchers as I go so often

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Zilch. Nada. Don’t do birthdays.
Although hubby seems to think that as I will be in Florida for my birthday this counts as him spending thousands on birthday for me. Apparently it was all for my birthday. I will put money on it that my birthday isn’t even mentioned
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissuziq
Apprentice Imagineer

Dissuziq's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I normally get my favourite perfume in Issey Miyake its not the cheapest and its my birthday and christmas pressi sorted. My DH would be in a panic if they stopped it he would not have a clue what to get
LA 2008,2016, DLP 2019
Dissuziq is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We do the same as Gill. Theatre tickets all round!
I can never think of anything I need and we all like a day out.
OH has got Dear Evan Hansen booked for my birthday 🎉

I keep asking OH to get me another metal bowl for my Kitchen Aid but he says that’s the worst present ever!

Edited at 09:02 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dissuziq View Post
I normally get my favourite perfume in Issey Miyake its not the cheapest and its my birthday and christmas pressi sorted. My DH would be in a panic if they stopped it he would not have a clue what to get
Had to smile at this as I buy my daughter in law Viktor and Rolf BonBon perfume for her birthday and Christmas every year. I have asked her if she wants a change but she says no she depends on it.😂

Edited at 07:57 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
I'm not overly fussed about birthday presents unless there's something specific I want. I look for little things that I'd like such as earing etc that my boys can get me but if nothing comes to mind I'm happy with a bunch of flowers or a bottle of wine

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think I’ll stick with money I will buy bits in Kefalonia with it. A meal out and some flowers will do, I have perfume, lots of Marc Jacobs Dot and daisy that I love. We will have a theatre day in the summer, we used to do kids week. Thanks for all the replies x
Old 22 May 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Like you I tend to buy things as I need them anyway. My birthday is the week before Christmas which makes things even more difficult. Euro's might be a nice option, then you can buy a keepsake or have a special meal when on holiday.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List