Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
If you have not been to Vegas before you should only consider staying on the strip you don’t want to fuss around with shuttle busses and cabs are quite expensive though I suppose you can use Uber. Staying in the strip is a unique experience I would suggest
Cheap
Luxor
Tropicana
Excalibur

Mid
MGM
park MGM
Planet Hollywood
New York New York

Bellagio
Ceaders
Mirage

Our fave hotels are Wynn and Encore but I would not recommend for first times
Rd as it’s too far down the strip.
I would add Venetian to the top list, along with Vdara. To your middle would add Ballys. Just stayed in the newer remodeled rooms and they were lovely. Loved the location as well. We are staying at Caesars Palace in December and seriously thinking of cancelling and doing half and half at Ballys we liked it so much.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs Toolman View Post
We are planning to go for my 50th next July. Tropicana Hotel looks fantastic. I agree that the Signature Suites in Vegas are great. Stayed there twice now. Never thought to check out prices with airb&b though. Great tip.
I’ve never achieved a better price for the Signature through Airbnb. Usually it’s been cheapest through other websites
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
I would add Venetian to the top list, along with Vdara. To your middle would add Ballys. Just stayed in the newer remodeled rooms and they were lovely. Loved the location as well. We are staying at Caesars Palace in December and seriously thinking of cancelling and doing half and half at Ballys we liked it so much.
Tell me more please! We have a week at Bally’s in November!
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Tell me more please! We have a week at Bally’s in November!
Karen honestly could not fault it. We had the newer remodeled room which had beautiful big glass shower and lots of bathroom cabinet space. New carpet, sofa and armchair, then the usual desk, then another drawer unit. Sheets were spotless and brilliant white. Lovely clean room. Did kiosk check in which took maybe 4 mins and got into our room at 11.00am. Staff were helpful and our lovely cleaning lady kept asking if we wanted more towels, bathroom products and if everything was ok. There are several exits to Ballys so depending on which way up the strip we were going used different exits, or cut through Paris and out that way to stay cool. It was hot..very hot Stage door bar was out of one exit which was a bit fatal for us as vodka was $9.99 a liter, and they had $1 beers and hot dogs for $2. Was brilliant having the fridge as we stocked up with water etc and pop and it was lovely and cold. You can walk up a back road and end up at Linq which we liked as it saved all the crowds, elevators on the strip. The newer rooms dont have much of a view if that is of a concern to you. Any questions just ask.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Karen honestly could not fault it. We had the newer remodeled room which had beautiful big glass shower and lots of bathroom cabinet space. New carpet, sofa and armchair, then the usual desk, then another drawer unit. Sheets were spotless and brilliant white. Lovely clean room. Did kiosk check in which took maybe 4 mins and got into our room at 11.00am. Staff were helpful and our lovely cleaning lady kept asking if we wanted more towels, bathroom products and if everything was ok. There are several exits to Ballys so depending on which way up the strip we were going used different exits, or cut through Paris and out that way to stay cool. It was hot..very hot Stage door bar was out of one exit which was a bit fatal for us as vodka was $9.99 a liter, and they had $1 beers and hot dogs for $2. Was brilliant having the fridge as we stocked up with water etc and pop and it was lovely and cold. You can walk up a back road and end up at Linq which we liked as it saved all the crowds, elevators on the strip. The newer rooms dont have much of a view if that is of a concern to you. Any questions just ask.
Hi Jo I know the area intimately after staying down the road at Tuscany last month! We cut through Bally’s once or twice a day (usually more). What would you suggest I request - if anything - room wise? It sounds great and frankly was a great price ;-)
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Hi Jo I know the area intimately after staying down the road at Tuscany last month! We cut through Bally’s once or twice a day (usually more). What would you suggest I request - if anything - room wise? It sounds great and frankly was a great price ;-)
If you are not bothered about a view which we were not, I would request a resort tower room as they are remodeled. Jubilee are not. We were on floor 24 and had a side view of Linq. Some I gather have roof tops, guess we were lucky. So ask for a high floor Karen. We actually paid $29 for our weeknight room... and more for the weekend of course, this past week or so. Some of our December nights are $25
I was very impressed and would have gladly paid more.
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Venetian is the only hotel I have stayed on the Strip where I would not stay again property lovely, room good (though very dark and no lightbulb over 40w) did not like weekend clientele. I could add Circus Circus to it but we walked in to the room and decide can not to stay there.

I last stayed in Bally’s in 1992 loved it really loved it Greta location great service and at the time Bally’s big kitchen was the best buffet on the strip.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed at Trump International in a suite with our two teenage DS - the suite was lovely - had kitchen, two bathrooms - king sofa bed in lounge and a separate bedroom en-suite.

Our room looked over the length of the Strip - we could see the Bellagio fountains etc - at night the view was incredible.

It was a 15 minute walk to the end of the strip, through the shopping mall and across the road. If you are an active family, we much preferred to walk and to then leave, rather than stay on the strip.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

If you are not bothered about a view which we were not, I would request a resort tower room as they are remodeled. Jubilee are not. We were on floor 24 and had a side view of Linq. Some I gather have roof tops, guess we were lucky. So ask for a high floor Karen. We actually paid $29 for our weeknight room... and more for the weekend of course, this past week or so. Some of our December nights are $25
I was very impressed and would have gladly paid more.
Thanks Jo thar helps. View would be nice but not essential.

That’s great prices. Mine are a bit higher but we are there over Rock N Roll race weekend and I was happyish with the price. I’m on a fully cancellable rate if something else pops up!
Old 15 Jun 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thanks Jo thar helps. View would be nice but not essential.

That’s great prices. Mine are a bit higher but we are there over Rock N Roll race weekend and I was happyish with the price. I’m on a fully cancellable rate if something else pops up!
That what we do Karen. I check every couple of days cancel and re book. Ours has gone up for December though. Hope you can get a bargain if not I think you will like Ballys