Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Sep 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile Disappointed

Had my kitchen tiled a few days ago by a local tiler. Good reviews etc etc but oh my god he’s done a shocking job. I’m absolutely gutted. I know I should probably go back to him and complain but I don’t really want him touching it again. Going to cost me now to get it sorted. So disappointed as I couldn’t really afford it anyway and now I’ve got to fork out more.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Oh no! You absolutely must go back to him - have paid already? What is the problem, is it uneven, badly finished, misaligned? Did you point out any problems as he was doing it?
I’m sure it can be fixed, and if he has good reviews, he should want to fix it. Good luck!
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mmm. Have you any pictures?

I would be calling him back to view it with you. If it is bad get a load of pictures done, then source another tiler for his view.
If that view is it needs replacing and the first one wont play ball take him to small claims court.

What a faff though when all you want is a decent job. Best of luck.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
Oh no! You absolutely must go back to him - have paid already? What is the problem, is it uneven, badly finished, misaligned? Did you point out any problems as he was doing it?
I’m sure it can be fixed, and if he has good reviews, he should want to fix it. Good luck!
It’s the finishing that’s bad and he’s left big holes around the sockets. It was difficult to see when he was leaving as he left all the stuff all over it and said I couldn’t wipe it down for 24 hours. The silicone work is everywhere I’m going to have to get it all removed and re-done and there are thick bits of grout everywhere. I know I should go back to him but I’m so cross. My husband is going to go over it all today and do what he can. He left the sockets hanging off as well and now my husband has put them on there are huge holes above them where it needs a cut tile! I just can’t believe some people I think that disappoints me the most.
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

We had our bathroom floor tiled years ago. He mistakenly used the wrong adhesive and the tiles moved when walking on them.
Called him back and said he could either re-do the job or refund in full and we’d get someone else in to do it.
He chose to re-do it and it was a good job in the end.
That’s what I’d do in your situation.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

My son’s tiler put his waste grout down the toilet! Now you can’t use it for anything more than a small wee!
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I would get in touch with the tiler straight away. There is no way your husband should touch it until the tiler returns to look at it.
You paid good money for a job and it sounds like the tiler has made a mess of it.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Sending hugs I made the mistake of getting a friends boyfriend to do ours he was meant to be really good showed photos of work he had done seen work in her house but he was ≈≈≈≈ only worked 4 to 5 hour days if lucky we ended up sacking him as for 6 days we had no bathroom and had at least 3 full days work still to be done. Old tiles came off in big chunks so that wasn't the problem he even chipped the enamel on the bath after I asked him to redo couple of really wonky tiles. Had a full tin of split paint all over the driveway too he wasn't even painting in our house.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I'm not defending the tiler but the sockets should never be tightened onto new tiles for a day.

But they should be fairly close and not just hanging!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
I would get in touch with the tiler straight away. There is no way your husband should touch it until the tiler returns to look at it.
You paid good money for a job and it sounds like the tiler has made a mess of it.
I agree! if you touch it he will just blame your dh? Get him back first!