Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Having done it for 2 consecutive years I don't think anything about it is hard.
It’s slightly easier for you as you can do single rider line.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneySean View Post
Just under a year to go now til my next trip so the planning hasn’t really started but I was wondering...

What do you guys think is the hardest/most difficult thing about planning?

FastPasses? Dining? Budgeting? Itinerary?

Would be interested to hear what you think causes the biggest headaches!
I think it all depends.
How many people are going
Onsite or offsite etc

For me it was the fastpasses and itinerary but then again I absolutely love lists and itinerary’s.
We can only book fastpasses for 30days ahead so was difficult to get the ones we wanted sometimes as there are 4 of us.
The budgeting I way for over budgeted which worked out great for me as I could then convince hubby to book next year and upgrade to annual pass. We used $111 per day. I will be budgeting $150 per day for next year just in case I always have spare savings too.
Dining was easy as we are offsite so just went somewhere. There was only once where we were turned away and we went somewhere else down the road instead
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

For us it’s a two fold problem
1:- Managing to get vacation time together
2:- Finding flights and decent prices for them
We can often find a room without a fuss and travel to and from the airport isn’t usually a problem.
However DBIL is moving to Rugby he has been a huge help taking the cats to their holiday home a few miles away. Now we have the dilemma of where and how to book them in somewhere else closer to home that has a good reputation and great staff. We got caught out once before with a cattery that was allegedly good but in fact was a nightmare for our older cat.. I’m sure I’ll figure something out though.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gamblor
Trying for More Ears

Waiting, as the Count Down Very slowly click down.

At least when there's 300+ days to go.

Gamblor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I personally really enjoy planning a Disney holiday.

But the main annoyance this time round was planning the itinerary, getting the ADRs to fit in with that intinerary and then finding out that Disney was having paid for early morning opening events at parks on the same days that I was planning on visiting. This time round it was at DHS. I had planned on RD-ing SDD and not wasting a fastpass on it but with the early morning opening that wasn't going to work. And as it was day 3 of the holiday even at 60 days out I couldn't get a fast pass for it. As it happens we did end up queuing for 70mins at the end of the day to ride it.

I really wish Disney would release details such as paid for events well before the ADR window opens, or alternatively push back the ADR window.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Having to repeat the plans to DH several times despite discussing and agreeing them in advance. Now send him everything on email and refuse to tell him for the 90th time which hotel we are staying in...😡
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post

I honestly don't find anything difficult about the Disney planning.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
It’s slightly easier for you as you can do single rider line.
I am sure it gets harder to plan as the group gets larger. However I doubt single rider makes much difference to anyone's planning as it is only on three rides and is often not operating anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySean
New Poster (5)

Agree about the ADR/FastPass trade off. Is difficult to manage!
DisneySean is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Another who has always found planning easy. Maybe I'm just not as concerned about getting meals / FPs exactly to a plan I made a year ago. There are always other rides and always other restaurants.

The reality is we do everything we want (multiple times) and eat everywhere we Want (well not everywhere we don't have that many days!)

I've also found I chop and change plans all the time anyway. Except like 2 rides I find everything else hugely flexible and always room.

Helps not to stress about things. You will never do everything at Disney. And what you do do will be amazing anyway.

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List