Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
kissimmee kate
slightly serious Dibber

Last year we booked window and middle in ES seats. We had someone sat in the aisle seat who's wife was seated next to the window in the row behind.so the crew offered them to move to any free row of which there were quite a few. They did move for a short while but then decided they preferred their original seats. The man sat next to us promptly took 2 sleeping tablets and that was us trapped for the whole flight. He was quite well built and slumped to the side making the journey really uncomfortable for DH. Had we realised this would happen we would of moved but by the time they came back to the seats all.the free rows had been snapped up by people happy to spread out.
1995-Poinciana Blvd..1998- Lake Davenport..2000-Country Creek..2002 -Indian Creek..2003 -Calabay Park..October 06-Lake Davenport.. 2007 -Mission Park.2008 -Highlands Reserve.2009 - Silver Creek..2010- Southern Dunes..2014 Calabay Park..2016 Oak Island Harbor.. 2017 Highlands Reserve.. 2018 Oak Island Harbor
kissimmee kate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kissimmee kate View Post
Last year we booked window and middle in ES seats. We had someone sat in the aisle seat who's wife was seated next to the window in the row behind.so the crew offered them to move to any free row of which there were quite a few. They did move for a short while but then decided they preferred their original seats. The man sat next to us promptly took 2 sleeping tablets and that was us trapped for the whole flight. He was quite well built and slumped to the side making the journey really uncomfortable for DH. Had we realised this would happen we would of moved but by the time they came back to the seats all.the free rows had been snapped up by people happy to spread out.
This is why I always book an aisle seat. That would stress me out being trapped in my seat for an 8 hour flight.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
As a family of 4 we always book a 3 and 1 across the aisle as I like window seats. Although this year on the flight home we booked 4 in the middle. It worked really well for us but unfortunately we'd chosen that aisle where there were no windows so it was rather strange not being able to see outside at all.

I would never risk booking a window and an aisle seat. I'd stress about whether or not someone was going to be sat in between us. I also think it is rather rude to do as it runs the risk of people being split up as they can't find spaces together.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We were offered much ‘better’ seats on check in at Singapore; window and middle, instead of aisle and one of centre seats in the middle of the plane. I didn’t want to change but DH wanted the window seat on a night flight! 13 hours of torture.

Young, very tall French man who smiled and promptly fell asleep for the whole fight took the outside seat. DH and I need to go fairly often and DH needs to stretch his bad leg with a walk. Nothing woke this man, even the flight attendants. We ended up balancing on the seats to climb over - his head made a handy place to hold for balance when there were no flight attendants around.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List