Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I like the look of the Abarths. Sadly, all the ones I’ve seen are about £3k over my budget.🙈
Do you know anybody who works for the police as they can get a good discount on them
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

The wife has an Abarth. Truly fantastic cars, raw, punchy and a proper little fiery animal. Great car.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve got a Nissan Juke. I’ve really loved it. 1.6 petrol. I like that you sit higher up but it’s still not a large car. Good boot size too. If you’re thinking smaller my daughters just got a Fiat 500 Lounge which was 7.5k for a 2 year old top of the range one. They must depreciate wildly within 12 months. So it was good value as it’s got all the whistles and bells but I don’t like driving it much TBH but it’s nippy enough.
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gingerlife View Post
Do you know anybody who works for the police as they can get a good discount on them
Sadly, no. 😖😂
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

We went looking at cars today. I saw a couple of fiestas I liked the look of, a Peugeot GTi (I had a Peugeot before and it never gave me any problems), DS3 and an Audi A1. I really liked the Audi but it was diesel and I don’t want a diesel.
It’s half term in a couple of weeks so hopefully be able to get a few test drives booked. My friend has bought a mini in our price range and she was raving about hers last night so I might need to check those out too. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. ☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I have a 1.5 Toyota Yaris, all the bells and whistles. Very fuel efficient and a lovely smooth drive. Its my 3rd Yaris’ but the best, Toyota really up’d their game with the latest design (bigger interior, boot, engine size).

Whilst boot size is excellent (comfortably fits 2 big size cases and smaller luggage) unfortunately I do struggle with Dad’s wheelchair so purely for that reason switching to a Honda HR-V.

I’ll only have Toyota or Honda cars, have had other makes over the years (including Audi) but reliability for me couldn’t touch Toyota or Honda.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
I have a Mazda 2 Sport which has a 1.5 engine size and is a great smaller car. Very comfortable, loads of extras and good fuel economy.

Debra
My friend has bought a mini in our price range and she was raving about hers last night so I might need to check those out too. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. ☺️
I traded in my Mini Cooper S Works to buy the Mazda 2 I mentioned previously! I owned the Mini for more than ten years and the only issue I ever had with it was the air-con stopped working.

The only reason I didn't buy another was the seats are quite low to get into/out of and my 84 year old Mum was struggling.

The other good reasons to change it was the tyres were expensive, the road tax was also dear and the fuel efficiency not good, although I'm sure all of these were down to the high performance model. It was so much fun to drive though and felt very solidly built.

Debra
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Minis are pretty cars but very generic now and are no longer a small car. On a £4K budget you will be buying a used town car which assuming it’s a manual points towards gearbox grumbles. Minis have a reputation for eating gearboxes so despite their pretty looks they are not without a list of problems!
Peugeot is an interesting option but they do devalue heavily which can be a bonus for you as you can bag a much newer car than other brands for the money.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Minis are pretty cars but very generic now and are no longer a small car. On a £4K budget you will be buying a used town car which assuming it’s a manual points towards gearbox grumbles. Minis have a reputation for eating gearboxes so despite their pretty looks they are not without a list of problems!
Peugeot is an interesting option but they do devalue heavily which can be a bonus for you as you can bag a much newer car than other brands for the money.
I don’t have a 4K budget. I think that was another poster. ☺️
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I don’t have a 4K budget. I think that was another poster. ☺️
Ah my apologies, I’ve obviously lost the plot along the way 😄

Fiesta EcoBoost or Abarth in that case 👍🏼