Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 16 Oct 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile A term time, post uni trip to Salou. October 2019. Travel Day

Saturday 5th October

After a lot of debating about how to get to the airport we decided on driving. Train would have been the first choice but a replacement bus service between Norwich and Cambridge stopped that choice.
The coach didn’t get there in time. We were going to get a lift there and train back but we just thought driving would be easier. I booked long stay parking for about £50 the week before we left.
The alarm went off at 6, my normal time for work so it was fine.
It didn’t take long to get ready and we were on the road by 6.45.
The journey was uneventful which is good as I hate driving, Matt is rubbish at motorway driving so I normally do it.
We were pulling into the parking at about 9.30. For a change we were able to park in the first car park, J and K. I took a photo of our car park and waited about 5 minutes for a bus.
We picked up our pre ordered euros from moneycorp and went through security which wasn’t busy, different to half term week.
So we were flying with Ryan Air and although I am a fan of theirs it is annoying that they now charge for a 10 kilo case, either by buying priority boarding or putting the case in the hold.
Matt and I brought bags within the required measurements and surprisingly it holds quite a bit, certainly enough for a short stay.
However I couldn’t fit all my toiletries or the I pad in so the plan was to buy a few at Boots then put the ones I brought from home in as well.
I popped into Boots and only got a small bag which wasn't big enough for the I pad so I then went to get something from duty free.
Stansted now seal their bags if you buy alcohol which was a pain. I got a small bottle of spiced rum for £7.99 but I unsealed it and put the I pad in. No one checked when we boarded and it wasn’t a problem having 2 bags.
Lots of people had bigger sized carry on bags than what
ryan air say but they got on just fine. Personally I wouldn't risk it though.
Anyway, we went to weatherspoons.

I do enjoy a pre holiday drink and we had time for 2 each before the gate number was displayed.
We had to catch the train and it didn’t take long to board.

I was a little hungry so ordered a chicken and roasted veg panini.

It was £5.50 and it was good.
The flight arrived on time and it was so warm stepping off the plane.
It didn’t take long to get through passport control. We normally pre book a pick up with Hoppa but as it was just the two of us this time we decided to wing it.
There was a bus right outside and cost €3.20 each, bargain. It didn’t hang around and it only took about 15 minutes. I would do this again as it was quick, cheap and easy.
It’s always nice to check in at the hotel and know where we are going.
We had a superior room which had a fridge and bottles of water.
I unpacked and met Matt downstairs for my first sangria. We had some snacks as well.
We had a wander into the town and then got ready for dinner.

A photographer took some photos and we picked one for €6.

We had a few drinks outside and watched the kids show before heading to bed.

I took this as I wanted to have a full length one of the dress.

Edited at 09:51 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking forward to reading this trip report 😂 It will be lovely to remind me of our holiday there too. I enjoy a pre-holiday airport drink but as our flight was at 6am and we were at the airport at 4am, we stuck to a coffee this time 😀 I do love the photo you bought of you and Matt, it’s nice to get a photo together when there’s just two of you. I’m rubbish at selfies 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Looking forward to reading this trip report 😂 It will be lovely to remind me of our holiday there too. I enjoy a pre-holiday airport drink but as our flight was at 6am and we were at the airport at 4am, we stuck to a coffee this time 😀 I do love the photo you bought of you and Matt, it’s nice to get a photo together when there’s just two of you. I’m rubbish at selfies 😂
Thank you. We are rubbish at taking selfies, although dd has been teaching us on her last visit. so it was nice to have one of us together and a bargain at 6 euros.
I will be using the photos that you took for the report as I forgot to ask Matt.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Another one who struggles to take a selfie 😂

The travel day seemed good - no hiccups which is always a good thing! And a bargain bus trip from the airport 👍

Looking forward to hearing more!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Another one who struggles to take a selfie 😂

The travel day seemed good - no hiccups which is always a good thing! And a bargain bus trip from the airport 👍

Looking forward to hearing more!
Yes, it was a smooth travel day and so easy to get the bus. It helped we knew where to get off but it’s easy to find your way around.
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

That’s a lovely picture of both of you, sounds like a great start to your trip
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great start to your trip, we are looking at doing a week in Salou for Port Aventura too in the Easter hols. Need a cheap trip compared to 3 weeks in Florida

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
Great start to your trip, we are looking at doing a week in Salou for Port Aventura too in the Easter hols. Need a cheap trip compared to 3 weeks in Florida
Thank you, we are looking at a family trip next June when Dd breaks up from uni. We normally visit Portaventura and love it there.
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Nice trippie, following along ... : - )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
Nice trippie, following along ... : - )
Thank you, its not as busy as our usual trips but it was nice to try different things this year.