Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Oct 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile New York Restaurant Recommendations

Looking for some recommendations for meals in New York, staying at Hilton garden inn Times Square South, we’ve got breakfast included at the hotel but would like to eat out for breakfast a couple of times, so recommendation for that, probably just pick up something for lunch whilst out and about and then a meal at night, nothing fancy just decent good food that isn’t overpriced, it’s myself, dh and dd (17)
Thank you
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Places we've enjoyed - for breakfast Lindy's Deli and the food market at GCS (take picnic into a park) there are loads of deli's around (often the smaller they are the better the food is :-) . For dinner or lunch Tavern on the Green in Central Park, Rosie O'Gradys, Bubba Gump, Juniors, Virgils BBQ. Brasserie Ruhlmann is a little bit more expensive but lovely - we had a long lunch out in the sunshine there. Ellens Starlight Diner is an experience, food is only so so but atmosphere and entertainment is great. For views The View is a rotating restaurant on the 48th floor of the Marriott.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 10:06 AM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Tik Tok Diner is good for a new york breakfast but not cheap (where is in new york)

Tavern on the Green or the Boat House in Central Park also a nice meal/setting, not cheap

Ellens the food isnt great but if you like shouty show tunes then its an experience..(or a nightmare..)

Can also recommend Angelos on MUlberry St , Little Italy, one of the best Italian meals i have had but again not cheap
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissuziq
Apprentice Imagineer

Dissuziq's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were there last November and tried both Heartland brewery, and the smith, there are a couple of locations, we also loved Bubbys its a bit further away from mid town but if your in Soho or going on the highline its very near Chelsea market, definitely a brunch /breakfast treat
LA 2008,2016, DLP 2019
Dissuziq is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Ellen's stardust diner, great food, amazing atmosphere. Also liked Applebys too.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks I’ll have a look
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went in August and had some great meals. For breakfast we went to Tick Tock diner and George’s and really enjoyed both.
For dinner we went to Ryan Maguire’s Ale House, Juniors and the original Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. Would highly recommend Ryan Maguires we had a great meal there. Juniors was very good but very pricey for what it was. Burgers at shake shack were amazing!
Ellen’s Stardust Diner we went to for lunch. It was nice food but again very expensive for the type of food but you’re really paying for the experience not the food. Enjoy!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

We really liked Westway Diner for breakfast - its on 9th Ave not far from your hotel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

I'd second the Westway Diner.

From my recent visit I can heartily recommend the Bluebell Cafe on 3rd avenue. I only ate breakfast there but if the quality remained the same would happily go back for other meals.
Another place is the Gotham West food court on 11th avenue, quite a few choices and an Ample Hills Creamery for dessert.
I had a decent pasta dish at Nizza on 9th avenue.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Bourbon Street Bar & Grill just off Times Square is fantastic for food. It’s really lovely and not at all expensive. I think a few dinners have been. Just avoid the Hurricane cocktails is all I am saying... 🤪🤪🤪
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List