Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 26 Jul 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BruTamUK View Post
Hi,
How would this work with resort parking at disney Hotels?
For our 14 nights at POFQ next year we would have to pay nightly parking charges but it states on the Disney site that disabled visitors get free parking. Does this blue badge allow us free parking for the duration of our stay. We have a blue badge for here in the UK for our son.
We were considering not having a car and using Disney transport which wouldn't be ideal for our son.
No so I believe you still have to pay for parking. The parking that's free is valet parking for visiting for a few hours. My understanding is that you still have to pay if you are overnighting.
Old 26 Jul 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by BruTamUK View Post
Hi,
How would this work with resort parking at disney Hotels?
For our 14 nights at POFQ next year we would have to pay nightly parking charges but it states on the Disney site that disabled visitors get free parking. Does this blue badge allow us free parking for the duration of our stay. We have a blue badge for here in the UK for our son.
We were considering not having a car and using Disney transport which wouldn't be ideal for our son.
We got free parking last year for our one night at Pop Century, booked through the US site. Free Resort overnight parking is for all Disabled badge holders. We do get the Florida Disabled tag though.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
We got free parking last year for our one night at Pop Century, booked through the US site. Free Resort overnight parking is for all Disabled badge holders. We do get the Florida Disabled tag though.
Great to know! The email I had last year was very ambiguous about it and said "overnight" still had to be paid for some reason
Old 26 Jul 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
Yes he does - but applications and queries were being sent to him "directly" and not through the process outlined above... so there has been a bit of a problem with that. There is a whole department involved in the processing of applications queries etc but if sent to George it causes a backlog - and cuts the rest of the dept. out.
That's interesting as I sorted one out with George only last week with no issues. Will use new email address for the future though
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Just like to add that the fee covers you for 12 months so should you go back within the year whilst you have to apply again there is no further cost
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
Yes he does - but applications and queries were being sent to him "directly" and not through the process outlined above... so there has been a bit of a problem with that. There is a whole department involved in the processing of applications queries etc but if sent to George it causes a backlog - and cuts the rest of the dept. out.

thank you for the update

I still used George's email adress last month, merely because I've always used the emails from the previous years with the "reply" function, so that all data stays in the same email thread (if that makes sense)

I'll be using the alternate adress next time.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Floriman
Getting to know the DIBB

Blue badge

We used my blue badge for parking everywhere, just make sure it is visible on the windscreen
Floriman is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Just to update on my application. I followed the exact instructions given by the OP. Started the application on 1st August & got the permit through the post on 10th August

Thanks for the tips
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floriman View Post
We used my blue badge for parking everywhere, just make sure it is visible on the windscreen
If this was outside the Parks, you were very lucky. As has already been said, the UK Blue Badge is unofficially recognised at the parks (whose car parks are private property anyway).

If you start parking in disabled parking spaces on the streets with just a UK Blue Badge on display then you run a real risk of a fine or tow-away. The police / parking enforcers will only recognise the official permit for sure. (After all, Florida was the state that decreed for a short while that UK driving licences were not issued in English!)

For the sake of a couple of emails & a short phone call to the USA to pay $17, I'd get the official permit.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Sorry if daft question, but can the form they send you be filled in on your computer then sent back online... or do I print it off then send it back.
I ask because I’m normally on the iPad and have no idea how to do it on my iPad 🙊. Thanks

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List