Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Oct 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile Oily Skin!

Talk me through your skincare routine for oily skin? Mine seems to be getting oiler by the day! I double cleanse with a micellar water, use a toner and moisturise. I do this twice a day using light or night moisturiser for each. Once a week I use a hot cloth cleanser. What am I doing wrong? I’ve read you should still moisturise oily skin but no matter how “light” a moisturiser I use I can still feel it sitting on my skin. Any advice ladies? (Or men!)
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Try using a facial oil rather than a cream
I find it soaks in better and doesn’t sit on my skin
Also, since I started double cleansing I’ve noticed a big difference in my skin (thanks hideinpockets!)
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Also, since I started double cleansing I’ve noticed a big difference in my skin (thanks hideinpockets!)
Facial oil, thanks have never tried that! Off to google...
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsaymc
Helping Mickey

I’m the same my skin is so oily and I’ve tried all sorts.
I went to a Temple Spa party about a year ago and started to use some of their products and I’ve found my skin is much improved and so much less oily.
I use the Dual Act cleanser (you only need a small amount and use it wet or dry), toning essence and Moisture to go moisturiser.
They usually have really good deals on if you buy products together and they last for ages.
Good luck whatever you try.
Lindsaymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I've started using a facial oil and can see an improvement in my 64 year old skin. I'm using Aldi's own brand Lacura. Cheap as chips but nice, and no fragrance.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindsaymc View Post
I’m the same my skin is so oily and I’ve tried all sorts.
I went to a Temple Spa party about a year ago and started to use some of their products and I’ve found my skin is much improved and so much less oily.
I use the Dual Act cleanser (you only need a small amount and use it wet or dry), toning essence and Moisture to go moisturiser.
They usually have really good deals on if you buy products together and they last for ages.
Good luck whatever you try.
Thanks I’ll take a look!
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I've started using a facial oil and can see an improvement in my 64 year old skin. I'm using Aldi's own brand Lacura. Cheap as chips but nice, and no fragrance.
Great, I love some of the lacura products. The hot cloth cleanser I have is from Aldi and it’s so nice and leaves your skin really refreshed. Will look for a facial oil here.
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Ive had oily skin since I was a teenager, the best product I’ve found and been using it for years is Neutrogena 2 in 1 face wash and mask on an evening and neutrogena visibly clear pink grapefruit wash on a morning.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hey thanks Colette!

I am here to preach about double cleansing again!

Whilst micellar water is fine, I wouldn’t do both of your cleanses with this. It isn’t really going to clean your skin. The first cleanse should be to remove make up etc. And the second cleanse is to actually clean. So keep micellar water for the first cleanse but then use something different for second one. I’d recommend a balm cleanser. I’d take off both with a flannel rather than splashing off with water. You will definitely notice a difference. Or the hot cloth cleanser you already use, start using that as your second cleanse daily.

After that I’d probably opt for a glycolic acid (like pixi glow tonic) and then a light moisturiser. You are totally right that a lot of the time when skin is oily it’s actually because it’s dry and is over producing oil to make up for it.

I’ve found since I’ve done two proper cleanses and used an acid toner my skin has got so much less oily and the texture etc. Is so much better!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I’ve got oily skin. But I’ve identified it’s also sensitive so anything containing salicylic acid makes me very spotty. I think it’s all about finding the right combination that suits you, some brands are great at giving testers.

I use Clinique anti blemish solutions foaming cleanser, Elemis balancing toner and Liz Earle combination light moisturiser. I use a Garnier tissue mask once a week.

Having oily/spotty skin, I didn’t think I needed a moisturiser and thought adding moisture to oily skin would make me shiny but it really doesn’t. I tried many different moisturiser but Liz Earle is good for me. I use Clinique Moisture Surge mask as a night cream a few times a week too.

ETA - I use Clinique take the day off on my eye make up.

Edited at 01:32 AM.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List