Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Oct 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Where they were "caught" there are 2 roads running parallel - one each side of the border with a ditch between them, they were caught on cctv gently driving across this ditch - not swerving to avoid an animal.

but having seen photos of this (or another - I have no knowledge if the internet source used is the exact spot!) "ditch" their story is "plausible" - though I personally would not believe it in a month of Sundays...

the ditch in the middle is the border.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Do they have mincemeat in America?
Think they mean mince beef.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
It sounds perfectly plausible to me.
Don’t tell me - they saw a Costa in the distance and set off, not realising it was the other side of the border ! They didn’t have an Esta for a Costa.

More seriously US/Canada border control forces will be used to dealing with many cases like this a day, they probably have a sixth-sense for situations that don’t seem right.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I do hope they get to keep the clothes, looking at some of the photos in the article I think they could be with some new ones.

I liked the bit about her not wanting to come the us again, I don’t think she will have that privilege after this anyway!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

They’re now back in the UK after being deported. Their story is such a crock! More holes in it than a sieve!
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Don’t tell me - they saw a Costa in the distance and set off, not realising it was the other side of the border ! They didn’t have an Esta for a Costa.

More seriously US/Canada border control forces will be used to dealing with many cases like this a day, they probably have a sixth-sense for situations that don’t seem right.
If they were staying in Canada wouldn’t they have a hotel or other accommodation booked in Canada ? That being so I doubt the Canadian authorities would have refused then re-entry . Probably now banned from Canada 🇨🇦?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve crossed that land border and I’m not saying it can’t happen but it wouldn’t be easy.
There are numerous signs miles out referencing the border. It’s implausible at best. Also I’m pretty certain that if I somehow managed to cross the border by accident I can’t imagine that I’d be treated like they allegedly were.
I’d definitely be questioned thoroughly and probably detained a while but I’m also certain that Canada wouldn’t refuse to have me back again!
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Hang on link didn't work. Trying again.

dailymail/news/art...rom%20%251%24s
I think it's very brave of you to admit in public that you read the Daily Mail.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I think it's very brave of you to admit in public that you read the Daily Mail.
🤣🤣🤣 We all love a sneaky peak at The Daily Mail. Personally I often skip the stories and go straight to the comments section. Comedy gold!
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
🤣🤣🤣 We all love a sneaky peak at The Daily Mail. Personally I often skip the stories and go straight to the comments section. Comedy gold!
this ^

comedy gold some very funny punters out there

our local paper the evening chronicle is also worth a look , its was the inspiration for Viz top tips
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List