Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 17 Aug 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
That's really good congrats!

So it appears I phoned the same people and they wouldn't do it! This is why its so frustrating! I would have been happy to have it extended through to next September (which would be a year from the date it was due to expire) so not even having the extended period added. Why they couldn't offer this as an option to everyone I don't know as clearly it was possible its just the CM I spoke to and the CM I emailed claimed it wasn't! I may email one more time just in case even though my pass is meant to have been cancelled (its still showing on MDE). Really lucky on yours as you were only really prevented from going for 1 month of the pass.
We were actually there when the parks shut so were using up the last of the pass (last 2 days when the parks were shut we had nearly the whole resort to ourselfs the little one loved having the whole pool and life guards to herself as she has ASD so it was perfect)

Originally i had only called to find out if they would give us the extra 3 days back for when we were there and the park was shut (this was before they said they would extend for the closure period)
They offered the extra month themselves ,i asked to book this for the same time next march as hoping things would be a bit more normal by then .

So they have really gone way beyond by adding the extra 1 year- ( In one way its made my mind up to renew our passes so long as things are better next year as i had been weighing up if it was worth it for next year.)

Really not sure why they just didnt level the playing field for everyone it would have bought them a lot of good will from customers in the long run
(Actually just remebered they have form for this - We were one of the people who got double the compensation when C Beach was renovated.)

Now i could do with a little more Disney Magic and Covid to go away!

Edited at 02:17 PM.
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gh015c4116 View Post
Really not sure why they just didnt level the playing field for everyone it would have bought them a lot of good will from customers in the long run
(Actually just remebered they have form for this - We were one of the people who got double the compensation when C Beach was renovated.)

Now i could do with a little more Disney Magic and Covid to go away!
Its so bizarre honestly just be consistent lol! Just glad they are actually being sensible with some people as seems like for some they are being less sensible than for me by telling them even more bizarre things like it will be based on the number of days you've visited etc.
Old 29 Aug 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

Just to let anyone still holding an annual pass know they have agreed to extend another Dibb members pass now too (hope they dont mind me mentioning it!)

So if you still have a valid pass hoping to go later this year ect please make sure you get in touch with them , They now seem to be being a little more helpfull
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List