Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Sep 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

I cancelled an Avios/companion flight via a phone call to BA on 29th August (bank holiday Saturday).
The Avios & companion voucher appeared back in my account before the call had even finished; my cash refund (taxes etc) was posted to my credit card on 3rd Sept.
Very impressed.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Just rang BA this morning (got straight through for once). Apparently my flight booking is considered complicated because it was indirect (LHR-MIA-MCO) on the outbound journey and that means it has to be dealt with by a different team manually. It’s been 5 weeks now since I requested the refund and, despite contact via Twitter and LiveChat during that time, this is the first time I’ve been made aware of this (was initially told 3 weeks maximum). The guy I spoke to has said it’s been moved to the escalation queue but it could still take up to another 4 weeks! I appreciate this is nowhere near as bad as some Virgin customers have experienced but still shocking delays. 😡
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Xolile
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by SloanRangers View Post
Just rang BA this morning (got straight through for once). Apparently my flight booking is considered complicated because it was indirect (LHR-MIA-MCO) on the outbound journey and that means it has to be dealt with by a different team manually. It’s been 5 weeks now since I requested the refund and, despite contact via Twitter and LiveChat during that time, this is the first time I’ve been made aware of this (was initially told 3 weeks maximum). The guy I spoke to has said it’s been moved to the escalation queue but it could still take up to another 4 weeks! I appreciate this is nowhere near as bad as some Virgin customers have experienced but still shocking delays. 😡
Mine took 6 weeks from cancellation to money hitting my account. During that time, I had to do a lot of chasing up via phone calls, LiveChat and Twitter. Rest assured it will be refunded eventually.
Old 12 Sep 20, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

Been waiting 10 weeks now, but what confuses me is part of it was refunded (told it was child ticket value one way), no idea why just that. And chased multiple times. Simple online paypal booking.
WDW AKL 2019
Wubbster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Update - spoke to them over the weekend and was told the refund was still in a queue! Was told it would be 28 days from when the flight was cancelled and that it had been 28 days already and they quickly changed their tune and said it would be 28 days from when the refund had failed so that should be September 23rd at the latest. I made a formal complaint a little while ago and they were claiming the money had already been returned to me wasn't until I sent screenshots and name dropped the staff who were dealing with me that they then said a member of the refunds team should call me soon (although doubt that is going to happen)

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by neil1489 View Post
If phoning BA doesn't work why not try complaining via RESOLVER its worked for me a couple of times with refund issues

moneysavingexpert/site/resolver/
Thank you have just done this as I feel like BA's response to my complaint with them wasn't great

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I requested a refund after one of our flights was cancelled on 2 August and the refund from BA finally reached my credit card today.
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List