Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 May 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I was very sad when I received the email. We always eat there at least once a week when in Orlando. I am a real salad lover, but it’s never the same when you make your own and you can obviously never get such a huge variety. Even my veggie hating 12 year old likes ST. I really like a buffet, looks like they will be out of bounds for a considerable time. I wonder if the toppings bar will also have to go?

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Loved going to ST, would be 2-3 or 4 visits over our 3 week period... my DS favourite place to eat...
Shocking for the staff, hope they can move on and find other placements, as above...this will see buffets disappear everywhere
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

We were all really sad when I got the email too. Sweet Tomatoes was a must-do for us at least once a trip over the last eight years. Three of us are vegan and one is vegetarian and we all like to eat pretty healthy so ST was perfect for us and so reasonably priced especially with the email coupons. My 14 year old was especially upset as she loved the baked sweet potatoes.

I’m so glad we made it to Sweet Tomatoes (our regular one was South Kirkman) for one last visit on our way to the airport at the end of our February trip, obviously not knowing it would be the final time .

Like others I wonder what will happen to buffet restaurants and buffet meals in general after Covid-19.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bessie
Apprentice Imagineer

gutted, this was one of our favourites
Star Island & Westgate Lakes 2 wks Sept 98, Blue Tree Resort 3 wks Sept 99, Blue Tree Resort 3 wks Sept 00, Blue Tree Resort & AMI 3 wks Sept 01, DLP Aug 02, Venetian Bay Villages 2 wks Aug 08, Bella Piazza 2 wks Aug 11 Windsor Hills 3 wks Aug 12, Windsor Hills 2 wks Oct 15 Paradise Palms 2 wks June 2017
Bessie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Oh I'm pretty sad! I did really enjoy Sweet Tomatoes the couple of times I went, the food was really good and loved the variety (including all the different soups they had!)
Old 24 May 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Oh no! This was high on our to-do list as we missed visiting here on our last trip, gutted we won't get to try it in the future.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Pippy
Very Serious Dibber

Absolutely gutted, we always go there several times during our trips
Pippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Chocgirl93
Proud to wear my Ears

Sweet Tomatoes

just found out today. I am gutted, one of our favourite places to eat.

we often visited the one in Rolling Oaks. Thinking of all the staff, tough times ahead for the industry.
Chocgirl93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

We eat here almost every other day on our trips (we're veggie so it's great for us). My 6yo dd actually cried when I told her!
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

Absolutely gutted. We would visit almost every day when we go to Orlando. It’s always so clean and the food was lovely. Their baked potatoes and salad were the best.