Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22 May 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
#21
Brehede
a Friend of the DIBB
 
Join Date: Feb 18
Hi - I had 2 separate trips booked with Aerlingus, a weekend away to Belgium in March & Orlando in May. I applied for a voucher for both since I wanted to re-book but use both sets of vouchers & didn't want to wait a long time for refund (if ever). I have now received a voucher for the first trip (took about 6 weeks) and still waiting for Orlando!
Brehede is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
#22
Br'er Bear
Thread Starter
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: May 13
Originally Posted by Brehede View Post
Hi - I had 2 separate trips booked with Aerlingus, a weekend away to Belgium in March & Orlando in May. I applied for a voucher for both since I wanted to re-book but use both sets of vouchers & didn't want to wait a long time for refund (if ever). I have now received a voucher for the first trip (took about 6 weeks) and still waiting for Orlando!
Not sure if the vouchers are being received much quicker than the refunds, as a customer whose case number is 5128500 posted today on Twitter that they've been waiting 9-weeks for a refund.

AerLingus response was Hi, apologies for the delay, our Guest Relations are working through all requests as soon as possible.

Case No 5090000 was refunded 27th March.
Case No 5128500 still waiting after 9-weeks
That's a difference of 38,500 case numbers, so over those 9-weeks they are averaging less than 4,277 case numbers per week.

Our case No is 5283600, which is a difference of 155,100, so at that rate we might have to wait another 36-weeks.

Hopefully I'm way out so is there anyone else with a case number who's had a refund or voucher issued?

Presume case numbers are a mixture of refunds, vouchers and complaints.

Edited at 08:24 PM.
Br'er Bear is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#23
julie b
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 08

julie b's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Not sure if the vouchers are being received much quicker than the refunds, as a customer whose case number is 5128500 posted today on Twitter that they've been waiting 9-weeks for a refund.

AerLingus response was Hi, apologies for the delay, our Guest Relations are working through all requests as soon as possible.

Case No 5090000 was refunded 27th March.
Case No 5128500 still waiting after 9-weeks
That's a difference of 38,500 case numbers, so over those 9-weeks they are averaging less than 4,277 case numbers per week.

Our case No is 5283600, which is a difference of 155,100, so at that rate we might have to wait another 36-weeks.

Hopefully I'm way out so is there anyone else with a case number who's had a refund or voucher issued?

Presume case numbers are a mixture of refunds, vouchers and complaints.
Canít you go through your credit card to help get a refund...
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
#24
Joshie1
VIP Dibber
 
Joshie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 08

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Most of the responses on their twitter account are Bot responses.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#25
TinkTatoo
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 04

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by julie b View Post
Canít you go through your credit card to help get a refund...
I applied for a chargeback. Credit card company said theyíre taking about 40-50 days but thatís probably way quicker than AL, Iíll report back if it and when I receive it
__________________


EBTA from Miami
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
lam
VIP Dibber
 
lam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I applied for a chargeback. Credit card company said theyíre taking about 40-50 days but thatís probably way quicker than AL, Iíll report back if it and when I receive it
Is that visa or mastercard?
I thought I read somewhere there was a 120 day or 180 day time limit ?
Is that from date of payment?

Hope you get it back!

So far I've only heard of 1 dibber who got a refund and that was for a euopean flight.They are still waiting for their orlando flight!

Not good
__________________

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York.[B]07/20[B] CANCELLED_OH NO
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
#27
TinkTatoo
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 04

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lam View Post
Is that visa or mastercard?
I thought I read somewhere there was a 120 day or 180 day time limit ?
Is that from date of payment?

Hope you get it back!

So far I've only heard of 1 dibber who got a refund and that was for a euopean flight.They are still waiting for their orlando flight!

Not good
Mine was Visa and the 120 day limit is the amount of time you have to claim.
__________________


EBTA from Miami
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
#28
cysmith16
Earning More Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 11
Location: Airdrie, Scotland
We were due to fly in Easter. When the travel ban came in, we contacted them on 18th March I think via twitter. Within a few days they had done a partial refund for 80% of what we paid. We hassled them continuously, were given several promises that the money would be in our accounts in days, but nothing appeared. Eventually sent a letter to Virgin credit card asking them for a chargeback, and 2 weeks later the full amount had been refunded. It wasn't a pleasant experience. No explanation for the partial refund.
cysmith16 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 04:37 AM  
Link to this Post
#29
Poly Girl 68
Proud to wear my Ears
 
Poly Girl 68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 12
Originally Posted by Poly Girl 68 View Post
Received cancellation email today for flight on 26/5/20.

Outbound flight: 26/5/20
Cancelled on: 13/5/20
Case number: 5390700
No refund as of:
Refunded:
Full refund received 27/6/20 from Aer Lingus.
__________________

Poly Girl 68
Poly Girl 68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
#30
TinkTatoo
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 04

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Poly Girl 68 View Post
Full refund received 27/6/20 from Aer Lingus.
That's interesting - was it a Transatlantic flight or a European one? I'm still waiting on my refund from a cancellation email of end of April
__________________


EBTA from Miami
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2670
CaxtonFX  $1.2637
Covent Garden FX  $1.2767
FAIRFX  $1.2690
John Lewis  $1.2695
M&S  $1.2454
Post Office  $1.2449
Sainsburys  $1.2638
TESCO  $1.2669
Travelex  $1.2600
Updated: 20:30 30/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0852
CaxtonFX  €1.0847
Covent Garden FX  €1.1003
FAIRFX  €1.0830
John Lewis  €1.0872
M&S  €1.0664
Post Office  €1.0661
Sainsburys  €1.0828
TESCO  €1.0849
Travelex  €1.0800
Updated: 20:30 30/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now