Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jun 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

28/11 for 21 nights. 21 Park days booked

Just need a flight now!
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

Mobile

It’s nice to think of us all looking forward to November together! Just think it will be all the sweeter if we do get there, after such a crazy year!
Old 23 Jun 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Roy Cropper
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
Same here
We have only got flights (Aer Lingus) and a Villa booked so far. We have until October to cancel, for a refund on the villa.
If there are still restrictions in place then we will be looking to switch until next year.
Roy Cropper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Out on the 13th for us. Staying positive and hoping a disney waterpark will be open. Can anyone confirm the date of Thanksgiving?
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lorbs View Post
Out on the 13th for us. Staying positive and hoping a disney waterpark will be open. Can anyone confirm the date of Thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving Day this year is Thursday 26 Nov. It's always the 4th Thursday

The earliest it can be is 22nd and the latest 28th

Mick

Edited at 09:18 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs togs
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Sitting in the fence for 20 th November, a lot has to change to get to Florida
Cannot afford 2 weeks unpaid leave if the government don’t drop the quarantine rule, and trump has to drop the foreign travel ban
Old 23 Jun 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Finally bit the bullet and decided to go ahead and accept the changes to our booking on 10 November. I logged on this morning and managed to make our park reservations so now it’s just a case of keeping our fingers crossed and staying on that positive bandwagon 🤞🏻
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We are booked and hopeful for 14th November. I am also frequenting The October thread as we have booked 10th October too. If October doesn’t go ahead we have our November trip as a back up.

I have flights and DVC booked, and have just booked all of our park days for both October & November dates. As you can probably tell, I’m optimistic - but a realist, hence the multiple dates/trips booked.

I don’t know how I feel at the moment, it changes daily. Living in the London area and one of the hardest hit NHS trusts of the country, I generally feel ok about travelling to Florida. The numbers are rising there though, and as ours have dramatically fallen so I am conflicted.

None of the restrictions bother me, we are both fairly young (40/44) and are healthy. My parents have flown during lockdown and felt as safe/comfortable as you can do. We take all necessary precautions and are travelling without our children so we only have to worry about ourselves. We are happy with a fairly chilled holiday (relax in the room, by the pool, pop to the parks for a few hours, quick service food etc). We would just like a break as my husband has worked all through the pandemic and is shattered, I have been at home with our 5 teen/adult children 24/7 navigating the chaos that is GCSEs, exams, college etc and as much as I love them all, would enjoy a break too!

Happy planning and fingers crossed for all of us
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
November 11th -25th for us, I'm not bothered about the parks as this is my Christmas shopping trip so providing Marshalls and Michaels are open along with restaurants we will be there. I have just booked next March as the price was right.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
November 11th -25th for us, I'm not bothered about the parks as this is my Christmas shopping trip so providing Marshalls and Michaels are open along with restaurants we will be there. I have just booked next March as the price was right.
We (as in Joan ) made a massive error last November in only buying enough B&BW stuff to last until our April trip - what could possibly go wrong?

She's down to two squeezes in the bath now to try and make it last but somehow I don't think it will. No baths or showers for a few months.

Waiting to visit the new one at Posner. Only about 7 miles away from Highgate and much nearer than Clermont, WGV and the Loop.

Mick

Edited at 09:31 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List