Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Aug 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Texas runs a very good close second to Longhorn for us. The one almost directly over the road from Longhorn. A bit noisier as the servers often do some yee-hawing for guest birthdays etc,

Mick
They are the ones with peanut shells everywhere right? One to avoid for us due to DD developing a peanut allergy. I remember them having a huge choice of sides a d being more casual than Longhorn.
Old 2 Aug 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
They are the ones with peanut shells everywhere right? One to avoid for us due to DD developing a peanut allergy. I remember them having a huge choice of sides a d being more casual than Longhorn.
Yes Donna. In the shells on the table and discarded shells all over the floor. Just like Logan's Roadhouse opposite Old Town - if it's still open? I did read that they might be one of the casualties.

Never seen peanuts on the tables at Longhorn although I do recall reading on the DIBB that they may have them at the bar.

The odd thing is that we're just a couple, eat around 6 and always ask for a booth. 90% of the time a walk up at Longhorn but a 10 minute wait at Texas.

Mick

Edited at 09:00 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
OP Pixie Dust
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Longhorn steak house wins every time for us

We used to go to the outback all the time and we would maybe give it one more chance to redeem itself but the last two occasions food has been burnt and really peppery

We thought it was just us but on trip adviser several people had made the same comments
OP Pixie Dust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes Donna. In the shells on the table and discarded shells all over the floor. Just like Logan's Roadhouse opposite Old Town - if it's still open? I did read that they might be one of the casualties.

Never seen peanuts on the tables at Longhorn although I do recall reading on the DIBB that they may have them at the bar.

The odd thing is that we're just a couple, eat around 6 and always ask for a booth. 90% of the time a walk up at Longhorn but a 10 minute wait at Texas.

Mick
Just had a look and the Logan's near Old Town is still open. Texas Road House deserve some praise for their treatment of staff during Covid. I saw an article that it is still privately owned and he was determined to keep all staff employed and paid throughout.
Old 3 Aug 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Just had a look and the Logan's near Old Town is still open. Texas Road House deserve some praise for their treatment of staff during Covid. I saw an article that it is still privately owned and he was determined to keep all staff employed and paid throughout.
Donna

That's good to know about Texas. I wonder when we'll next visit Rolling Oaks? Nov 2020 or April 2021?

Mick
Old 3 Aug 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Donna

That's good to know about Texas. I wonder when we'll next visit Rolling Oaks? Nov 2020 or April 2021?

Mick
I hope it's soon. Fingers crossed we can finally try Longhorns in January '21.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
I hope it's soon. Fingers crossed we can finally try Longhorns in January '21.
Thanks - we're trying to maintain half full glasses.

Everything crossed for you in Jan as well
Old 3 Aug 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gasman66
Serious Dibber

Agree with Mick, Longhorn was very good, and we also found Mannys in Haines City excellent, lots of "locals" in there, we always have a "booth" and had excellent service and the fillet was cooked to our liking, with warm yeast buns and cinnamon butter, endless salad... gosh is that the time, late lunch !
Gasman66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh longhorn has never disappointed us. Considering I use to like it well done it was amazing .I did convert to medium and will never go back ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Donna

Mick
Fingers crossed for November.