Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23 Sep 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
#11
landandword17
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 17
Have booked August 2021 deposit only with BA. Nothing to lose. Nice to have something on the horizon but not doing my usual serious planning yet. Waiting to see who wins the US election and how we go with the virus over winter. I think where we are on Jan 1 will tell a lot. If I was booked for April then Jan would be my decision point. At the moment refunds are getting a bit easier. Virgin is now paying out for June so not as bad as it was. I'd relax and not worry until the new year.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
#12
Gemini157
Excited about Disney
 
Gemini157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 10
It's so difficult isn't it?

We are in a similar position. We should have been there this year for the school Easter holidays. The first time with the grandchildren.
We got our flights refunded (eventually) from KLM.
We lost our villa deposit but got the rest back.

We then booked another villa for the end of March next year, school Easter holidays again as we have to work around the grandchildren and school.
We haven't booked any flights yet.
Now it is only 6 months way. I want to believe things will be so much better for us all by then. My head and gut instinct say postpone until spring 2022, which really isn't what my heart wants.
I am waiting to see what the rest of the family think on this. If they agree I will ask the villa owner if we can move our booking.

Edited at 11:40 AM.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
#13
magickate
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 15
Have to admit I've wimped out of our Easter trip already, pushed it back until August in the hope the extra few months give us a better chance.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
#14
Bozza
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 03

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
If Trump gets re-elected and they have a rough winter, I could see him keeping them closed for quite some time.
The borders aren't shut though, are they? Any of us could travel to the US right now, we'd just need to go to A.N.Other country first for 14 days, and then fly from there to the States.

Back on topic: yes, it's really difficult. We're still waiting for our October half-term trip to be canned. I was going to line up a series of bookings for next year - Feb half-term, Easter, May half-term and Summer in the hope of having something in place for when we can all get moving again.

My view on the likelihood of a Feb trip going ahead has diminished somewhat, so I'll not be booking anything for that now.

I'd have greater confidence about Easter, but I'm not sure the odds of that are even as great as 50/50 right now.
__________________
The DIBB's Bad Dad - abandoned my family to get drunk in Orlando:

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#15
loldis
Imagineer
 
loldis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 17
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
The borders aren't shut though, are they? Any of us could travel to the US right now, we'd just need to go to A.N.Other country first for 14 days, and then fly from there to the States.
I didn't bother going into loopholes as they're effectively shut to us. Very few people can practically do the workarounds that would allow for valid entry. With quarantine on return as well, that's 6 weeks required for a 2 week trip. I have a very understanding manager and a job I can do remotely, but there's no way I'd get company approval for that just because I want (not need) to go to Florida.

If he wins and US cases ramp up further over winter, I'd actually expect more border restrictions and possibly even a blanket ban to come in. Especially with his viewpoint on this being entirely a foreign problem. But I don't want to make this thread too political so won't say more on that.

Edited at 01:14 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
#16
alysond
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Oct 07
We pushed our May 2020 trip back to May 2021. The condo owner was great, and at that point ( March 2020) I was sure we`d be going. However at the moment I`m 50/50. My heart says yes all will be fine, but my head says don`t get your hopes up. We have a BA voucher but as yet we`ve not even looked at flights. It all just feels too uncertain. Maybe after the election we`ll think again, but at the moment I just can`t face having another trip cancelled
alysond is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
#17
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Mickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 18
Location: London

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well honestly I hope youll be fine but as you said Id have serious concerns about anything in the next 6 months. Id love to book something for next year, but insurance issues amongst everything else make me hesitate and when restrictions are lifted Im worried Ill be crushed in the stampede to book. Weve had a Disney trip to look forward to ever since 2015 and we are really missing not having anything to look forward to.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
#18
mason1
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 12

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Im starting to feel more pessimistic over Easter. Weve currently got New York booked for December (this wont go ahead). Weve also got West Coast booked for Easter. Its booked on deposit with BA, but still need to sort another 3 hotels as part of the trip. The 6 months thing yesterday has made me wonder if this will go ahead - I think Ive resigned myself to it not happening.

Weve also got Florida booked for August - which I am hoping will go ahead.

Looking at what weve got booked, I think this whole situation has turned me into a serial holiday booker!
__________________
Got the Florida bug May 2012 villa at Sandy Ridge; May 2013 villa at Lake Berkley; May 2014 villa at Lake Berkley; August 2015 villa at Lake Berkley; May 2016 villa at Lake Berkley; October 2016 New York; August 2017 villa at Chatham Park; July/Aug 2018 villa at Chatham Park; Aug 2019 OKW & villa at Lake Berkley; Dec 2020 New York
mason1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#19
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Mar 13

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Were booked for early May and Im less and less confident of going.
Im just annoyed at not taking the refund on the Disney tickets when it was offered I wanted a refund but DH was confident that everything would be ok by May so we kept them 🙄
__________________
Taffy1959 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
#20
irnjaw
I want to go now!
 
Join Date: Jul 12
Location: Perth, UK
I am keeping my sight firmly set on October 2021. Will be booking the best flydrive deal I can find early November because I fear that once the borders are open the prices will sky rocket. If we have to cancel, so be it, but I hope we don't have to. And I hope the OP gets their trip in March.

I keep reading these forums and searching for anything positive to make me feel better about it all. Someone reckoned the borders will open after the US election - I'm not sure why - but I'm not taking any chances, and I'm thankful that I can book my flights the day before the election *fingers tightly crossed*
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2775
CaxtonFX  $1.2633
Covent Garden FX  $1.2759
FAIRFX  $1.2790
John Lewis  $1.2827
M&S  $1.2605
Post Office  $1.2578
Sainsburys  $1.2747
TESCO  $1.2778
Travelex  $1.2650
Updated: 14:00 28/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0855
CaxtonFX  €1.0765
Covent Garden FX  €1.0898
FAIRFX  €1.0815
John Lewis  €1.0891
M&S  €1.0704
Post Office  €1.0679
Sainsburys  €1.0833
TESCO  €1.0850
Travelex  €1.0802
Updated: 14:00 28/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now