Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
This is what I also was thinking about...
Wouldn't all the airlines be bankrupt by then?
Not the us ones as they could operate without opening the borders and you can be certain the us doesn't give a fig about any others.

Most us tourism is domestic including orlando. Its not like Spain for example where most tourists come from other countries in the EU.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
This is what I also was thinking about...
Wouldn't all the airlines be bankrupt by then?
There would likely be further government support as we are now seeing with the U.K. railways.

Many US airlines operated in Chapter 11 for some years.

To answer the OP, if I already had a booking for April I would be preparing myself to not go but still hoping it might be possible.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

We rebooked for August 2021 and although I was feeling really positive about it, now I'm just not feeling it.

I understand that we will probably get to go but it may not be the full and very expensive experience that was originally planned.

DDP...
FastPasses...
Having to wear a mask in the heat...

I am seriously considering changing to 2022 although I really don't want to.

Has anyone seen Mystic Meg?
Old 24 Sep 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
I’m more than positive for next August...surely by then nearly a year away there will be some sort of control
I totally appreciate what you're saying. I had no fears for that far out for a good while, but it's creeping closer. Now would normally be flight booking time, and I'm not even looking, never mind realistically looking. We'd also have a free dining booked, but Riverside doesn't even have an opening date yet!

Also it's a special birthday. As somebody with a mid August birthday I am thankful to have had some great birthdays in WDW, and flown out on at least one, the day after for another, but the ones that end in zero seem cursed
The positive is by not going this year, we've redecorated parts of the house that have been starved of funds for years, and are already well towards next years Florida budget !
Old 24 Sep 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
We rebooked for August 2021 and although I was feeling really positive about it, now I'm just not feeling it.

I understand that we will probably get to go but it may not be the full and very expensive experience that was originally planned.

DDP...
FastPasses...
Having to wear a mask in the heat...

I am seriously considering changing to 2022 although I really don't want to.

Has anyone seen Mystic Meg?
We simply cancelled bookings and got refunds for 2020. Like you, we aren't feeling it one bit for next year. We do think the overall probability is that we will be able to go, just it's not got the excitement of normal, and that's with having missed a year ! I dare say it will come back with a vnegence at some point, but for now... hope more than expectation.
Old 24 Sep 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I personally think it's foolish to book anything for 2021. We have wrote next year off, as well as this year
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie2010 View Post
I personally think it's foolish to book anything for 2021. We have wrote next year off, as well as this year
There are worse things to be than foolish. How many threads have you said this in?

Edited at 09:37 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie2010 View Post
I actually agree. I doubt we’ll see any tourist flights to the USA until at least Late summer 2021 at the earliest.

In response to the OP - April, absolutely no chance!

I want to travel as much as the next person but we don’t even have a vaccine yet.

I think it’s madness to book anything unless it’s 100% cash refundable

Edited at 10:57 PM.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JaguarSkills
Proud to wear my Ears

We booked to fly 15 Apr but we are DVC members so can move/bank the points if neccessary and the flights are covered for two years moving so there isn't really any risk to us.
JaguarSkills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

We are booked to fly out on the 15th of April with Delta and staying in a Debbies Villas villa moved from November this year.
Surely there must be some normality by April
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List