Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27 Sep 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
hawk299
a Friend of the DIBB
 
Join Date: Aug 20
BA Summer 2021 cancel/change options

I'm thinking of booking some dates in July/Aug
Price is alright, we can make the dates work

If something better comes along I can change with BA right?
Can I only change once? what if I then needed to change the dates again (say, if the government ever decide when exams are going to be)

I'm going through the T&C's too but thought I'd drop the question in as some have already done this

Thanks
hawk299 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
#2
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
I booked BA because of their terms. My son has his A levels in the early summer, but I do not know when. There are 10 hotels involved in my multi centre fortnight and I have paid them cash up front as I fear for the post Brexit exchange rate. I also own sufficient dollars for the trip. My nightmare scenario is that the USA is open and my chosen airline is no more, with the remaining ones cranking up their prices (like Virgin did at Manchester with the demise of TC). In that case all Hotels and car have free cancellation. Everything has a price, whether I can afford it or otherwise!

This put Easter out because I do not want to disrupt my eldest sons studies.

This also put early summer 2021 out because his brother (14 yrs), may find his term extended.

I booked late Summer 2021 as this will give my eldest time to deal with any fallout from his A Level results as he seeks a Uni place. His chosen option is Penryn (Exeter Uni) and it is less than a mile from my home. If he does not get good enough grades, then Bath is his next option.

If we are still unable to fly come Summer of 2021,then I donít think many Airlines will be in business in any case with a reasonable timetable of destinations. That is another reason to pick IAG/BA. If there are any left, they would be the one as I would predict Government intervention.

If we cannot fly in Aug, then I will only need one deferment.. to August 2022, given the BA terms and conditions.
__________________

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Orlando. 2012 Orlando, Gulf and Keys.2015 New York, Washington, Orlando. 2017 Pensacola, Destin,Tampa, Orlando, Daytona.
2018 California N to S. Trip report.. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 East Coast, Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples. Trip report..
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302

And the future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964

Edited at 09:46 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
#3
Rac20
Imagineer
 
Rac20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 15
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I booked BA because of their terms. My son has his A levels in the early summer, but I do not know when. There are 10 hotels involved in my multi centre fortnight and I have paid them cash up front as I fear for the post Brexit exchange rate. I also own sufficient dollars for the trip. My nightmare scenario is that the USA is open and my chosen airline is no more, with the remaining ones cranking up their prices (like Virgin did at Manchester with the demise of TC). In that case all Hotels and car have free cancellation. Everything has a price, whether I can afford it or otherwise!

This put Easter out because I do not want to disrupt my eldest sons studies.

This also put early summer 2021 out because his brother (14 yrs), may find his term extended.

I booked late Summer 2021 as this will give my eldest time to deal with any fallout from his A Level results as he seeks a Uni place. His chosen option is Penryn (Exeter Uni) and it is less than a mile from my home. If he does not get good enough grades, then Bath is his next option.

If we are still unable to fly come Summer of 2021,then I donít think many Airlines will be in business in any case with a reasonable timetable of destinations. That is another reason to pick IAG/BA. If there are any left, they would be the one as I would predict Government intervention.

If we cannot fly in Aug, then I will only need one deferment.. to August 2022, given the BA terms and conditions.
Is it August 22? I thought it was April. Thanks.
__________________
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
#4
Kat11
VIP Dibber
 
Kat11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 12
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Is it August 22? I thought it was April. Thanks.
This is what I thought.

Kat
__________________
DLP: Hotel New York-2008 & Hotel Cheyenne-2013
WDW: Villa - April 2011 & Villa - April 2014
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 1 Bed Villa October 2016
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
Bee happy
VIP Dibber
 
Bee happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 09

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Is it August 22? I thought it was April. Thanks.
It is April 2022 I called BA to confirm last week. They said it may be extended but not confirmed.
__________________
Bee happy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
Donaldfan
Imagineer
 
Donaldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 20
April is what it says in BAs Ts and Cs. Original travel has to have been completed by 31st August 2021. A voucher is issued and the new travel has to be completed by 30th April 2022.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
hawk299
Thread Starter
a Friend of the DIBB
 
Join Date: Aug 20
Ah, thanks all, that's a good point re: if you cancel you get a voucher that has to be used by April 2022. That's going to be quite tough so I do hope that gets extended
At the end of the day, it's just the £350 deposit and the kids should be off to Uni by then so might go away with the DW to Italy or something

Advice regarding brexit and the election are valid, I think I'm going to book, get something locked in. I need to call the Villa we have reserved first as we'll have to cut off 2 days with these dates

Cheers All
hawk299 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2734
CaxtonFX  $1.2671
Covent Garden FX  $1.2864
FAIRFX  $1.2790
John Lewis  $1.2790
M&S  $1.2555
Post Office  $1.2542
Sainsburys  $1.2706
TESCO  $1.2737
Travelex  $1.2700
Updated: 10:30 29/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0839
CaxtonFX  €1.0804
Covent Garden FX  €1.0974
FAIRFX  €1.0815
John Lewis  €1.0885
M&S  €1.0680
Post Office  €1.0673
Sainsburys  €1.0817
TESCO  €1.0835
Travelex  €1.0800
Updated: 10:30 29/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now