Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 May 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

August 2018 Wishing on a Star: Day 13 MK and MNSSHP

It's been a long and busy break since I last posted, rest assured we hadn't forgotten about our report, but a heady mix of life and Disney blues had found a way of getting the way. We relieved said Disney blues with a day trip to Paris in September, which I believe I may have mentioned already, but you can read about our mad cap adventure: here
We also had 5 day trip to Paris for my birthday in January. We didn't do a report of this trip, but it was fantastic - how could it not be? I was on Main Street on my actual birthday!

Anyway, apologies over, I'd best pick where I left off many moons ago. Welcome to Day 13...

This morning was EMH in MK and it would be rude not to participate when we were just a stone's throw away, so a little before 8am we trotted along the pathway in the warm August sun. A view from the room as we left...

On Main Street we stopped for photos and then rode Buzz, twice. I am reliably informed by my notes that I achieved the Top score.

Space came next, and we filled in the space at the back of car 1 and front of car 2. Feeling like single riders, we headed off into the realms of space. Unfortunately, no photo of this as we are with strangers.

Due to the work currently being done for the Tron coaster, we walked round the back and across the railway to returning to Tomorrowland. Once there, we headed to the People Mover where we rode with some Incredibles characters. It was hilarious, some poor kid, Jackson, was their focus as they shouted after him much to his embarrassment.

Our bellies were calling to be filled and what would be a more nutritious breakfast than a Cheshire Cat tail. It was $7 worth of sweet deliciousness - currently drooling as I reminisce, especially as we are currently "following" the WW plan (just ordered Papa Johns though ). We also shared a LeFrou's brew for $6, I remember these fondly, but have written in my notes it was too sweet?

Next was our FP for 7DMT, followed by Philharmagic which was a walk on. The Paris version of this is such a half-hearted attempt. Our second FP, Jungle Cruise, was next. This always seems to attract huge queues which I wouldn't join, but I do love the ride. Unfortunately, the Mic was very crackly, so we didn't get to hear the cheesy jokes in all their glory.

Lunchtime! Pecos Bill's was on the list for today. J ordered a burger and I had nachos, we both made good use of the toppings bar which is the best in here. In addition to his burger, J picked up some waffle fries and jalapeno poppers from the cart outside. The food was lovely and the sit down in the air con welcome.

In order to allow our lunch to settle we headed to HoP as there was a show starting. This was the first time we were seeing the new one with Trump added. We noted security everywhere, which is a definite change in atmosphere from the last visits or previous revamps in the years we have been previously; it clearly shows the political divide the country faced over his election. I'm interested to know if this is still the case? We didn't really enjoy the new show. The tone was very different and felt forced - for want of a better word.

Our 3rd FP was now available, so over to Splash we headed. I'm not a fan of getting wet in my clothes, but we were leaving to get changed ready for MNSSHP after this and I could avoid air con as we were walking back to the room. We were in the 3rd row and the people who got off just before were soaked. Luckily, it wasn't indicative of our ride and we jumped off pretty much dry. Excellent. As a result, we decided on a little longer in the park.

Buzz had an available FP in 20mins, so we booked and headed over there. En route J bought a couple of t shirts which worked out as 2 for $34 after the deal and discount was applied... bargain. I haven't noted who was the victor on Buzz, so I'll say it was me, but it's more likely to have been J.

We were at the point in the day were we needed to go and get changed for MNSSHP, so we wandered back to our room for a quick show and costume change. Our costumes this year were particularly poignant as we were younger Ellie and Carl. My mum had made my dress and it had 9 little daisies, one for each of our lost babies. I can't tell you, even all those years ago before half of the losses the way the scene where Ellie dreams of babies followed by the image in the hospital made me feel. Our adventure is still ouy there, just waiting for us.

We checked in and got our wristband and bags, grabbing some pics on the way. It wasn't party time yet, so we picked up some tater tots from Friar Nooks. J ordered plain - he's all about dry food! - and I had buffalo as I'm all about the sauce! Haha, that could be taken a while other way considering our love of cocktails. They were $15 and delicious.

We also had some cheeseburger rolls.

The party was much busier than last year, the lines for candy stations were huge! It was disappointing to see the exclusivity lost a bit.

We had decided this year we wanted to try some of the food on offer at the party, so headed to Gaston's for the Oogie Boogie dessert. I haven't noted the price, but it was around $5/6, I think. We tasted it; it was horrendous! The only way I can describe it was tasting like shaving foam. Vile. We watched another couple tasting theirs and they had the same reaction. The four of shared a knowing laugh and promptly binned our desserts. Maybe the food wasn't high on our list after all.

We also chatted to a CM whose favourite movie was Up. She complimented us on our choice of costume and gave us a cookie for free!

Sadly, the rain arrived to try and dampen our evening, so we purchased a brolly to keep it at bay. Weather 0 us 1. We visited more candy stations, picked up some cool photopass pics and watched the first parade and the fireworks. The rain didn't last all night, but wasn't particularly pleasant. As we had a few hours left, we went on Space. They'd turned all the lights off for the party so it was pitch black. What a fantastic ride. It felt so different.

Before heading home, we visited more of the candy stations, checked to see if the horseman was riding for the second parade - sadly not - rode Buzz, wandered round the park collecting more pics. The party this year had been far too busy and it had lost it exclusive feel, but we still enjoyed it. I don't know if I'd make an annual thing though?

Thanks for reading x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

So happy to see you back on this report! 😊 thanks for sharing and what am amazing choice of costume for you both, got me quite emotional reading along xx
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Fab costumes! I'm also glad you didn't just give up writing the report. I loved reading the first part...its like a season break on tv.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

I'm so glad you are back. I have been missing your reports.

Your costumes are brilliant and I must admit to shedding a few tears as I read.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
So happy to see you back on this report! 😊 thanks for sharing and what am amazing choice of costume for you both, got me quite emotional reading along xx
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Fab costumes! I'm also glad you didn't just give up writing the report. I loved reading the first part...its like a season break on tv.
Originally Posted by RachelE View Post
I'm so glad you are back. I have been missing your reports.

Your costumes are brilliant and I must admit to shedding a few tears as I read.
Thanks all for reading. My mum did such a great job with my dress, as much as I loved going as park maps last time, these costumes felt like us xx
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm so glad you've come back to finish your report. Your outfits were beautiful. I did have a lump in my throat when I read of the daisies.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Aw great read , hope you are both well. X
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

your costumes are beautifully done, sending you internet hugs form this random stranger. Your adventure is most certainly out there

I think you are right re MNSSHP - its definitely changed over the years and feels busier than a park day now. I'm looking forward to seeing the new fireworks this year through. we won't be there in person, but if they are HeA quality with a Halloween theme they will be amazing
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Thanks all for taking the time to read and comment

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
I'm so glad you've come back to finish your report. Your outfits were beautiful. I did have a lump in my throat when I read of the daisies.
We kept intending to, but it's been really busy. I figured we had a long weekend so we'd best get on it

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Aw great read , hope you are both well. X
We are great, hope are all doing well x

Originally Posted by lumosq102 View Post
your costumes are beautifully done, sending you internet hugs form this random stranger. Your adventure is most certainly out there

I think you are right re MNSSHP - its definitely changed over the years and feels busier than a park day now. I'm looking forward to seeing the new fireworks this year through. we won't be there in person, but if they are HeA quality with a Halloween theme they will be amazing
Thanks so much. Hopefully we'll have exciting news about our little adventure really soon - it's a long time coming, but I've no doubt he/she will be worth the wait.

It is a shame about the party. I do think the weather made a difference too, perhaps if we hadn't been standing in the rain in queues they wouldn't have felt as bad? I'd like to think they'll make a change to ticket numbers available, but I doubt it. It has dropped from a must do, to an occasional one. Bet the new fireworks will be amazing.
Old 6 May 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Steffib
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

glad you’re back. One of my fave reports writers!
Steffib is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List