Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

FYI
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Yes it seems the CAA form won't be available to fill in for another week,I was hoping to have mine done before we go away this week.It's only £500 we're due back,I feel for those waiting on big amounts who need the refund to rebook.
I'm due back £2200 just wanted to get it done
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
FYI
Thanks dont no why I cant see this oaid via direct debit

Edited at 10:39 AM.
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

I'm a little worried though, because we paid via direct debit in one account and then switched the account over to a different one. i don't know how that will work. We also had our booking cancelled due to their mistake and all direct debit monies paid transferred over to the "new" booking, with the direct debit continuing, will this matter? its all so confusing.
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
FYI
That’s hilarious. They always claim that ATOL refunds take up to 60 days.

They have simplified the process to make it quicker and it’s now up to 60 days... 😆
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aladdin View Post
I'm a little worried though, because we paid via direct debit in one account and then switched the account over to a different one. i don't know how that will work. We also had our booking cancelled due to their mistake and all direct debit monies paid transferred over to the "new" booking, with the direct debit continuing, will this matter? its all so confusing.
I think (please don’t quote me lol) ATOL have been given all the information on what DD payments have been made so you should receive a refund on all payments. Not sure about the bank account... I would have thought it will be refunded into the bank account that the DD payments came out of though.
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
That’s hilarious. They always claim that ATOL refunds take up to 60 days.

They have simplified the process to make it quicker and it’s now up to 60 days... 😆
We'll see how "simplified" the process is. Frankly I'm a little surprised it takes a large entity 2 weeks to come up with a simple form to gather information - and extremely surprised that they didn't have one to begin with. Totally unacceptable in 2019 to not have an electronic way to submit refunds. The scale is unprecedented perhaps in recent years, but surely someone should have anticipated needing a claim form on the website?

Giving out some nonsense about insufficient info from Thomas Cook. If they had a form in place all they would have had to do is change which fields were mandatory to fill in depending on the info whichever company that had gone bust had provided. Apparently they have to make one from scratch now.

Clearly they've been resting on their laurels since the recession (how much warning did they need that a big travel company could go bust!) - but given it's a government overseen program why am I not surprised.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
americanv8
Apprentice Imagineer

americanv8's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Due back about £1200 on direct debit and £200 on my credit card, I’m tempted to try a Section 75 with Halifax. They did tell me last week that any refunds would be dealt with by ATOL not them, I don’t think they can refuse a S75 claim?
americanv8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List