Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 8 Oct 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
I'm pretty sure that as long as you dont use Volcano Bay as part of the 3 park ticket, you can just upgrade the tickets to 2 park annual passes...or this used to be the case?

Hope someone can come along and correct me if I am wrong.
We upgraded our 3 park tickets last month and they said we had to have a 3 park annual pass we hadn't used the tickets to go to Volcano Bay
Old 9 Oct 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Can I ask the OP why they aren't just buying the Annual Pass straight away? Why are they buying a 14-day ticket and then upgrading?

As far as I'm aware there is no benefit in buying the 14-day ticket first and then paying the difference in price to upgrade compared to just buying the annual pass in the first place.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
slave1
Apprentice Imagineer

slave1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Cashflow?
Easter 2011 [month in Linfields], August 2012 [month in Linfields], July 2013 [month in Linfields], July 2014 [5 weeks in Linfields], July 2015 [3 weeks in Linfields], June 2016 [3 weeks in Linfields]. Aug 2017 [3 weeks in Cagan's Crossing], October 2019 [2 weeks in Linfields], July/Aug 2020 17days Miami/Key West/Bonita/Orlando
slave1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ashleylvsgoofy View Post
P

I contacted Florida Tix and they have told us the only way to sort this is for us to change to 2 park e-tickets and pay the difference in price from when we booked to now - a difference of £60
I am confused, if they say they dont sell the two park ticket anymore then how can they ask you to pay and extra £60 to secure a two park ticket?

they are contradicting themselves
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ashleylvsgoofy View Post
They are saying as they don't stock the 2 park pass anymore they cant change the tickets

They have now offered a full refund which I think we will be taking them up on as I cant deal with such bad customer service.

Just a word of warning for anyone else who might be thinking of using them - I would not recommend them at all
That sounds like a fair resolution. They don’t have them so sent you upgraded tickets. You are not happy so they have refunded you.

I think you simply called their bluff on the 60 pound tickets.

Good outcome... You should be happy...

Edited at 02:03 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by slave1 View Post
Cashflow?
Universal allows people to pay for the Annual Passes in monthly instalments using FlexPay. However, I'm not sure whether this is just for US citizens?

I wonder which 2-Park Annual Pass they were looking to get? Because the 2-Park Seasonal Pass actually costs slightly less than the 2-Park and 3-Park 14-day Explorer tickets. So they could have saved themselves a bit of money buying the Seasonal Pass straight away rather than this convoluted method of upgrading a ticket if they wanted this particular pass.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
gogs
Proud to wear my Ears

Although it's not connected to the complaint in question but just to add our own experience.
We ordered HHN tickets from FloridaTix, ordered them months ago, paid a deposit then once we paid them off they arrived very promptly.

During a house move a few days ago we misplaced the tickets & floridatix sorted us out with the ticket numbers in under a minute on the phone "Don't worry about it, it happens all the time" as the nice lady said as she sent me an email with the numbers.
We would use them again
gogs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

Mobile

Unless it has changed recently, last summer I enquired about upgrading my universal 3 park 14 day tickets to annual passes. They gave me the option of both 2 park and 3 park annual prices. I had used Volcano bay as well. I enquired both at IOA and US customer services, both with the same options.

Might be worth checking again with universal in case you get a different answer.
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Unless process has changed It’s my understanding they use the value of the ticket against the cost of an AP and you pay the difference. Try a number of guest service desks. We found a couple of them didn’t have a clue so you could get lucky. After all they’ll want the business
Homewood Suites 2020
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ashleylvsgoofy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Can I ask the OP why they aren't just buying the Annual Pass straight away? Why are they buying a 14-day ticket and then upgrading?

As far as I'm aware there is no benefit in buying the 14-day ticket first and then paying the difference in price to upgrade compared to just buying the annual pass in the first place.
At the time of purchasing the tickets (last year) we were not going to be upgrading our tickets to Annual Passes but our circumstances have now changed and we are in the position of purchasing Annual Passes.

We are now going to use the refund and purchase Annual Passes when we arrive at Universal

As far as Florida Tix are concerned we would have been happy to use them again until they said there would be an extra fee to issue the 2 park 14 day passes as an e-ticket (this would be an additional £70)