Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Oct 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ideas for Short Break Abroad in March 2020

My 23 year old daughter and I go away for about 5 nights each year in about February/March time, we try to go somewhere neither of us has been before. We like exploring and seeing stuff so not just sitting on a beach.

We've done New York, Boston, Dubai, Oman and Morocco so far and are now looking for somewhere else and have come up a blank

We don't mind up to an 8 hour or so flight (so the US is a possibility) but we'd prefer either somewhere warm or, maybe snowy, but equally open to any bright suggestions! I've already visited Egypt, Cyprus & Turkey and she has been to the Canaries.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

What about Washington DC? We are thinking of going next year for a short break and looks like there's plenty of things to do to fill 5 days

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

This might seem to be a ‘left field’ suggestion, but Cape Town would be a fantastic five day break. It’s a longer flight than you planned but there is no jet lag (only two hour time difference).
The city itself has lots to offer - Table Mountain, Robben Island, Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, Kirstenbosch, the Winelands, Cape Point, penguins at Boulders Beach and much more. It’s also great value for money.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

that time of year, i'd recommend either prague or amsterdam (prague being considerably cheaper, and both have relatively cheap flights from a lot of local airports)

in prague, we stayed here: mhapartments/en/prag...central-prague
got a 1bed apartment for the weekend, and didnt really cost any more than a hotel. it was a couple of minutes walk to the nearest tram stop to all the fun bits too!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Washington DC is a great idea and I hadn't even considered Cape Town, I shall go and investigate both of those, thank you

I'm half Dutch so visited Holland a lot but have never visited Prague - another one to think about and thanks for the link.

Thanks so much guys

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Montreal? For five or 6 days there is plenty to do or you could fo a split stay with Quebec City.

Or Toronto including a visit to Niagara Falls 😀

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What about Iceland? Plenty to do/see for 5 days - blue lagoon, golden circle tour, Reykjavik, many other tours if either of you are into GOT they do ones to show you scenes from there too.
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List