Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our return is also cancelled on 06/01/20. It was the 23:20 flight MIA->LHR

I am finding it impossible to get through to customer service. Does not even put me in a queue, just says they are experiencing a high volume of calls and then cuts me off. Not great from BA.
Jul05 2wk Jul07 3wk Aug09 Oak Isl. 3wk Jul12 Emerald Isl. 3wk Dec13 Indian Cr. 2wk Jul14 Lindfields 3wk Dec15 Tranquility Villa, Lindfields 3wk Jul16 Miami & Tuscan Rdg 3wk Aug17 & Dec17 Villa Sunrise 3wk & 2wk May18 Tranquility 2wk Aug19 Treefield Villa, 3wks Dec19 Davenport Lakes 2wk Aug22 BA Villa AOA 3wk
muzland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by muzland View Post

I am finding it impossible to get through to customer service. Does not even put me in a queue, just says they are experiencing a high volume of calls and then cuts me off. Not great from BA.
Try sending a message on Twitter - they might arrange a callback.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
Mobile

Left message on twitter but no reply.

I have now tried to call them 7 separate times to be met with the same message. This is appalling customer service from BA in my opinion.
Jul05 2wk Jul07 3wk Aug09 Oak Isl. 3wk Jul12 Emerald Isl. 3wk Dec13 Indian Cr. 2wk Jul14 Lindfields 3wk Dec15 Tranquility Villa, Lindfields 3wk Jul16 Miami & Tuscan Rdg 3wk Aug17 & Dec17 Villa Sunrise 3wk & 2wk May18 Tranquility 2wk Aug19 Treefield Villa, 3wks Dec19 Davenport Lakes 2wk Aug22 BA Villa AOA 3wk
muzland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Mobile

I called this number - took over 1/2 hr but the lady was very helpful.

Like you say all the other numbers you couldn't even stay on hold or leave a message.

Maybe they should offer TC staff jobs?
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

Very poor BA service.

I was just moved to the earlier flight, not sure if it’s because we booked reward seats. To be honest it suits us better travelling with kids as the earlier flight wasn’t available when we booked.
Alba20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

I called went though the 'I want to book' line and then got internally transferred when this kept happening to me. Hope you get through, we've booked Miami so watching this with interest..
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
I called this number - took over 1/2 hr but the lady was very helpful.

Like you say all the other numbers you couldn't even stay on hold or leave a message.

Maybe they should offer TC staff jobs?
Thanks Katiec68,

I will give this number a try in the morning.
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
Managed to eventually get through this morning by selecting book a new flight. Answered immediately (grrrrrrrrr!), explained to the nice lady why I had rang and she managed to get me into the queue for re-routing.

Around 30 minutes on hold later I was put through to the re-routing people. Only option available was AA from Miami around 4 hrs earlier which I accepted. This was all why I was in the car on the way to work.

When I got in work I thought I would have a quick look and try to book a later flight through the BA website as other flights were definitely showing late last night. Frustratingly a later flight was a available with BA themselves that I could book there and then for cold hard cash (grrrrrrrrr!). So, now I feel I was mislead and have had to cancel our last day plans unnecessarily.

All in all this has been a very unsatisfactory experience. Basic customer service like answering the phone has been lacking from BA. You only ever really tell how good a company is when issues like this arise and they have failed in this instance.

I understand that BA have had to change their operational schedule and have no major issue with this providing it is handled in the correct manner. It is inconvenient but part of the terms and conditions of carriage. If they are going to change a larger number of flights all at the same time they need to gear up their call centres for the demand.

They also need to think how they handle the initial communication with issues like this. If they had sent a message saying it had been cancelled but we have booked you on the following service instead and are you happy to proceed OR here are your alternatives choose A, B or C, then things would be so much smoother for the customer.

Instead they choose a minimal and reactionary rather than pro-active approach in my opinion. I suspect that they are hoping that most passengers do not know their rights under EU261 and end up with a refund and being severely out of pocket as a result.

I will be sending a formal complaint to them and do appreciate that this issue pales into insignificance compared to what people have been through with Thomas Cook recently.

Rant over.
Old 15 Oct 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Easy jet were the same with us when they cancelled our flight to Venice, the night before, just said go on MMB to sort it, well it didn’t work & spent ages on the phone, they think it’s satisfactory to just do a refund, Errrr No I actually want to have a holiday
Good luck, I do think it’s very poor of BA to have not offered you the later flight🤬

Edited at 05:05 PM.
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We've had the message today!

Netflights had already secured the 6pm flight and said I could email back to confirm I was happy with it. An email back and I got confirmation from BA. No mention at all its with AA now but I was aware anyway and have used AA from Miami before. Although it was a long delay that time.

Less support if we are delayed than we would have on BA though.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List