Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Feb 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneydream14 View Post
Yes gun crime aswell. Just want to feel relaxed when out there.
Gun crime is a real issue in the USA, it does not stop me going but if you worried maybe you should consider a country without these problems.

That being said I have never seen a gun in USA and we got most years and travel quite widely across the state of Florida, inc keys and Miami.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We were in a Orlando at the time of the Manchester arena attacks at home. Nowhere is guaranteed safe, even home.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

The last couple of years they’ve really tightened up the security entering the parks.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Never say never, the point with terrorism is that it's random and mindless.

The counter to that is that there is just as much chance that somewhere you are in the UK is the target on that "one moment" as somewhere in the US.

Ultimately you can't stop it, and you can't influence where it will strike so be vigilant by all means but don't let it stop you doing anything (after all it's the denial of pleasure and liberty that terrorism is meant to bring about)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
From someone who was a 10 minute walk from the shooting in Vegas last year, no terrorist will ever stop me going on and enjoying my holidays. The day you decide not to go on holiday is the day the terrorists win! Be as watchful and vigilant over there as you are here and have a great time!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I work between two hospitals in London both had terrorist attacks where I walk by recently. I’ve also had close shaves with 9/11 and 7/7 and the Paris attacks. I’m of the opinion it happens everywhere but just so happens it been more on my doorstep ! I’d say security in the US is better than most places and if a nutter wants to drive their car into you no amount of security will prevent it. Live your life
Old 4 Feb 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
I’ll just do the standard morbid response...,you have more chance of dying in a car crash on way to airport than you have of being involved in a terrorist incident
Yup - as above

There are no guarantees in life in general. You could be hit by a bus (or cyclist! ) when crossing the road tomorrow - does that stop you crossing roads? Hopefully not.

You could take every effort to avoid any terrorist attacks and die from a massive heart attack, stroke, aneurysm etc. As I said - no guarantees in life.

So the aim should be to enjoy life while you have it, whilst taking sensible precautions abroad as you would hopefully do at home. Saying that, there are obviously countries that I wouldn't visit at the moment for security reasons, but America isn't one of them.

Deb
Old 4 Feb 18, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

It won't stop me taking my kids
I do think about our safety etc when out and make sure we don't do anything silly like go off tourist areas
Etc
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

I've been living in CA for the last 6 years, every single morning there is a local area news report of some incident, however, I would be completely unaware if it weren't for the news.
Having said that when we were at home for Christmas there were several stabbings reported there
If you're going to the theme parks they have increased security at the entrances, bag checks and scanners and plenty of visible security patrols. Unless you're planning to go wandering far off the beaten track you would probably feel safe, even more so if you were staying on site.
Grumps Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I don’t think you will give security a second thought once you are on holiday. Whilst anything can happen anywhere i have always felt very safe and relaxed.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List