General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 13 Oct 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Europa Park(s): Planes, Coaster-Trains & Autobahns (Aug 19) - Day 6

Europa Park(s): Planes, Coaster-Trains & Autobahns (Aug 19)

Day 5 – Monday 26th August (Walibi Holland)

The Index is Here
Day 5 is Here

I think we were all up and about at around 7:30am. We hadn’t booked breakfast at this hotel, but had spotted a bakery on the opposite side of the square last night.

I popped into Reception on the way out to sort out switching payment from the Credit card to the Debit Card, and we were over in the Bakery by 8:20am.

Rich wasn’t hungry, but Tom and I each had a Blueberry Muffin – I had a cappuccino and Tom had a bottle of Apple Juice, and we also got 3 Sausage rolls to have for lunch later (€12-ish). We sat outside in the square to eat…

Next, we popped into the Deen supermarket to get some drinks, snacky bits and a pack of cigarettes (€14).

I’d realised whilst getting ready this morning, that I couldn’t remember where I’d put the car park ticket last night. I could remember it being on my lap in the car as we’d pulled into the car park, so I was hoping it would be in the car, but we checked and it wasn’t.

At the car I did have an idea that I might have put it in the suitcase when I taken the Efteling park map out of my bum-bag, but as it was only €20 for a lost ticket and we were expecting the normal overnight charge to be at least €10, we decided against going back to check.

The drive to Walibi Holland took about 25 minutes and it was a nice drive alongside a lake edge. We arrived just after 9am and we were the first car on the car park (as it didn’t open until 10am)...

We walked up to the car park entrance to take some pics of the sign and the “Six Flags” (a nod to the previous ownership) …

Goliath…

After about 10 minutes, we mooched over to the main entrance…

There were lots of butterflies in the flowerbeds…

At about 9:30am they started opening up – the main ticket booths weren’t open yet, but we went to the Guest services window and they served us there - €109.50 plus €8.50 parking...

We walked through the “Main Street” entrance area...

...and into the Hall of Fame, where the small crowd was being held until park opening at 10am – we spent 10 minutes looking around the gift shop – they had some really good merchandise…

The plan was to head straight for Untamed (the brand new RMC Hybrid) – it was at the back of the park in the Wilderness zone, but still only a few minute’s power-walk…

Unfortunately, we were met by a cast member telling us it was having technical difficulties . As there were only about 20 people waiting, we decided to give it 10-minutes and see if there were any signs of it opening. When we saw an operator start to climb the lift hill, we knew there would still be quite a bit of testing to go, so we decided to leave it for now and come back later...

Instead, we headed towards Zero Zone to do Lost Gravity – this Mack Big Dipper was another highly anticipated ride for us…

We waited about 15-minutes, and it was a good ride, but we were all a bit underwhelmed (vs the great reviews it gets on Vlogs).

We mooched through the rest of Zero Zone, doing Draco (kids coaster) as it was a walk-on…

As Rich had skipped breakfast he was hungry, so had his sausage roll as we were walking – he really enjoyed it and convinced Tom that he wouldn’t like the tomato flavour, so he should have something else for lunch . I agreed to give mine up too 😊.

We carried on around to W.A.B. Plaza and joined the 25-minute queue for Speed Of Sound – our first ever Vekoma Boomerang…

It was quite hot (and very exposed) in the queue line, so it felt like much longer than 25 minutes .

The ride itself was ok, but very intense and not something you’d want to ride more than once in a day.

We popped back into The Hall of Fame to use the loos, then headed to Speed Zone for Goliath – this was another bucket list coaster, especially for Rich, who’s always wanted to ride the one at Six Flags Magic Mountain. The queue was about 30-minutes…

I was (and still am) absolutely blown away by how good Goliath is – it’s so intense, with lots of airtime and a brilliant helix – straight into my top-5 coasters of all time! WOW! WOW! WOW!

🎢 😆 🎢 😆 🎢 😆 🎢 😆 🎢

Back to Untamed next, and it was running 😊 We queued about 35-40 minutes, so had lots of opportunities for pics…

Another WOW! Ride for all of us – our first RMC experience didn’t disappoint – another entry into the Top 5!

🎢 😆 🎢 😆 🎢 😆 🎢 😆 🎢

We all had a quick loo break…

It was just after 1pm and it was really, really hot now – They were playing music and giving away lollipops and ice cubes at this stand, and the ice cube was much needed…

They were having a foam party in front of La Grande Roue (Big Wheel) and were also spraying guests with a hose pipe – so Rich and I both went in for a cool off – I was soaked…

We were all hungry now, so we got a Frozen Coke from the vending machine (€2.95) and Tom and I queued at the Kebab stand for some Chips (€3 each) – it was a slow queue, but the chips were tasty and a really generous portion…

Rich tucked into the last 2 sausage rolls from the bakery…

After lunch, we headed back to do La Grande Roue. It was about a 5-minute wait for the wheel, and we got some great views across the park…

We’d all agreed that we were giving Condor a miss today – Vekoma SLCs are notoriously painful rides, and apparently this is one of the worst in the world…

If you’ve ever wondered what Rock N Roller Coaster would looks like without the surrounding building, Xpress Platform 13 is the same ride…

And that's where we headed next (via another hose down for me)...

💦 💦 💦 💦 💦

We queued just 15-minutes for this and what a great queue-line experience – the theming is fab (sorry I only got pics of the first part)…

xxx

The ride itself was pretty good – but the restraints were a bit painful.

Time for another cool down, so we headed for Splash Battle...

We got very wet on here – you know how most rides have a water effect that you think is going to soak you, but turns off just as you go under it? We’ll the one on here just keeps going! It was Bluto’s Bilge Rat Barges wet!

💦 💦 💦 💦 💦

Rich popped to the loos to change and Tom and I watched the talking fountain for a few minutes…

Then Tom and I did the Super Swing, which was a walk-on…

We were all ready for another go on Goliath now – waiting 30 minutes…

It’s such a good ride!

I was about 3:30pm and we headed for another go on Untamed – we agreed on the walk over that we’d do Single Rider this time, and we waited about 10-15 minutes…

We got another Frozen Coke (€2.95)...

...and pondered the rest of the day. We were all flagging a bit by now and none of us fancied queuing for either the Log Flume or Rapids.

Tom and I fancied one last go on Untamed, so we left Rich chilling and joined the Single-Rider line again. However, after about 10 minutes the ride went down. We gave it 10 more minutes, before deciding to give up and met back up with Rich .

We mooched our way towards the exit – calling in the Gift Shop, where Tom bought a folding water pouch (€2)...

...and a Key Ring for his friend (€3.90) - sorry no pic of this

Sadly, I didn't get a magnet for my collection, as they didn't have any Walibi logo ones .

A few more pics, and we left the park just before 6pm…

They were giving away little cans of Coke on the way out...

We really were impressed by the efforts the park had made to keep guests cool today .

Back in Hardewijk, we parked up in the same car-park as last night (being sure to keep the ticket safe this time) and popped into the Deen supermarket to get some pic-nic bits for tea, a selection of chocolate (inc some for Aunty Wynn) and chocolate brioche for breakfast tomorrow (€20ish)...

We were back in the hotel by 7pm enjoying our pic-nic tea...

And yes, last night's car park ticket was in the suitcase with the Efteling map after all .

After 6 days of theme parks were all absolutely shattered. Luckily, we could have a lie in tomorrow.

Today’s Stats:
12 Attractions, inc. 2 re-rides and 6 new Coaster Credits
Walking: 22,593 steps (= 9.82 miles / 15.81 km)
Driving: c35km

Coming Soon: Day 7: Hardevijk & Driving Back to Koln-Bonn Airport

Edited at 09:28 PM.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you enjoyed Untamed, looking forward to trying this next July.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
Glad you enjoyed Untamed, looking forward to trying this next July.
It's really good, however I do think Goliath is just that little bit better 😆🎢😆
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sallyingforth
Earning More Ears

Looks like a fantastic park. Have really loved reading your report, we are doing Europa Park, Phantasialand and Walibi next summer, so it's been so exciting reading along. Looking forward to seeing if you had a good rest day after all that!
Sallyingforth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sallyingforth View Post
Looks like a fantastic park. Have really loved reading your report, we are doing Europa Park, Phantasialand and Walibi next summer, so it's been so exciting reading along. Looking forward to seeing if you had a good rest day after all that!
I was really surprised by Walibi - I knew it had some great rides, but the vibe of park was brilliant (like a cross between Thorpe Park and Oakwood) - we'll definitely be going back, and looking to get a visit Walibi Belgium into our future plans too.

Happy planning for your road-tip next year - I can definitely recommend staying in Hardevijk, it's fab. Lots of pics coming in Day 7

Thanks for reading along