Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

Virgin Package holiday prices from previous years - August.

Hi,
Quite a specific one but I'm sure there are Dibber's out there who book package holidays too!

In previous years we have travelled in May with Virgin as a package and I know it's generally been £500-600 per person with flights, large SUV and condo in Kissimmee(Bahama Bay).

This year we only have the option of August albeit any travel date in August returning no later than the last weekend.

Can I ask if anyone has done a similar package in August last year how much per person approx it was costing. I understand it's variable depending on location etc but at the moment prices are more than double.

I know I will pay more for August, I understand the TC collapse has affected prices right now, I know I could do it cheaper DIY but our preference is a package with Virgin either direct or indirect doesn't matter.

I have a budget in mind of £800 per person, am I way off the mark of the average cost for August?

Thanks!

Edited at 10:57 AM.
Charlie30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
giggler
Excited about Disney

I haven’t got the answer for you as its a tough call. VH tend to be the most expensive option when it comes to school holidays IMO.
Instead of doing the virgin holidays package try the BA.com website as you can book your flight car and accommodation all in one go (like a package holiday) and sometimes the savings are amazing.
Also it gives you the cost for flying on different days so you could save extra by flying on certain days.
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Look at cheapest indirect flight, and self book accomodation, august package will be about £1600 pp i guess om average.
Ocean Florida may be able to do the research if you give them a budget to work too.
good luck decided on California myslf this year far better deals going
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
I would definitely price it up through others like BA.

Our trip for next year was £3773 more with Virgin than with BA, only difference being flying with BA rather than Virgin.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

Mobile

Hi, I have been looking around and pricing it all up but the thing that puts me off is I don’t like the adding in checked baggage and paying for seat selection etc as there are 5 of us and it really bumps up the price. I feel like I need some part of it at least as a package for protection incase of any issues.
I’ll check out BA packages, hopefully there will be some decent options from Manchester.
Has anyone used travel republic recently or Kenwood holidays? We want an odd number of nights so TUI isn’t an option.
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
giggler
Excited about Disney

Used travel republic last year and they were excellent.
You will still have to manually add on seat selection if you want it and baggage, sometimes they will addd it on for you.
I wouldn’t get to hung up on paying for seat selection, i’ve never paid for it. Make sure you check in online as soon as it opens and you will have a really good selection anyway. More often than not your party, will probably be put together anyway.
The savings you will make by doing it this way, can be quite significant (sometimes not)
If you have never done DIY then the BA site is a great place to start.
Once you book away from a package, you very rarely got back.
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Not sure if any good but last year we did October half term with VH staying at HRH club level and it was miles cheaper as a package .. we normally DIY but I was so surprised .. the whole thing was cheaper than hotel only with HRH direct x
Old 15 Oct 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charlie30 View Post
Hi, I have been looking around and pricing it all up but the thing that puts me off is I don’t like the adding in checked baggage and paying for seat selection etc as there are 5 of us and it really bumps up the price. I feel like I need some part of it at least as a package for protection incase of any issues.
I’ll check out BA packages, hopefully there will be some decent options from Manchester.
Has anyone used travel republic recently or Kenwood holidays? We want an odd number of nights so TUI isn’t an option.
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
Do you have children with you under the age of 12? if you do BA will sit you all together, no need to pay
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
millarmagic
slightly serious Dibber

I used travel planners and booked the whole thing as a package and they were much cheaper than virgin. And the flights were still with virgin. I can recommend them for a quote.
millarmagic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List