Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jul 14, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
There are some things I miss. For example earlier I threw away some bread, whereas when they were little that would never happen as we would save it and go to the duck pond to feed the ducks. If it was raining we would put on raincoats and wellies and go out splashing in the puddles. And I could just buy clothes and they would wear them - that definitely doesn't happen anymore
Ds will still wear what I buy-,in fact he's like his dad,and would probably just wear the clothes nearest to him-whether they match or not

Dd 1 I can still buy the odd thing for,but Dd2,she's hardest to buy for-
Unless she's with me choosing items-and then I just pay!
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
kaydee
Apprentice Imagineer

Miss some things and not others.
As OP says its good to be able to get weekends away just me and DH but it's strange not having them around as much during the summer holidays in particular. My house used to be filled with kids and always busy, now me on my tod mostly, as they're at work etc.
On the plus side this is the first time in 18 years that I haven't had to do back to school shopping!
Old 12 Jul 14, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I was just talking about this the other day with my oldest dd .i love the freedom we have now our girls are older 22 , 18 ,13 but i do now and then miss when they were little .all dressed in similiar outfits and pretty and girly .especially when i go in disney store and see the dresses .youngest went through a phase of wearing nothing but her princess dresses and tiaras all time .now shes all attitude and eyeliner lol .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post

I do now that we're talking about universities for next year
Old 12 Jul 14, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I miss it dresdfully ! They used to like me and think I was amazing now they think im embarrassing or stressy and only like me when they want something.
Old 12 Jul 14, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by carys View Post
I miss it dresdfully ! They used to like me and think I was amazing now they think im embarrassing or stressy and only like me when they want something.
So true
Old 12 Jul 14, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I always missed my 3 now grown boys being little...but now it's like I've gone back in time with 2,3 and 4 yr old Grandchildren...love it.
Old 12 Jul 14, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I always missed my 3 now grown boys being little...but now it's like I've gone back in time with 2,3 and 4 yr old Grandchildren...love it.
Exactly how we feel I sometimes have to remind myself ours are grown and this is their children. It seems such a short time ago since ours were little can't believe it sometimes when I look at them fully grown men.

Think in some ways you get the best of both worlds as grandparents. We have a good life as a couple but also get to spend lots of time with our girlies. We have 2 boys so now 2 little girls is great fun especially for Grannie when I get to shop for all the lovely clothes in Florida

Alison
Old 12 Jul 14, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylaura
Serious Dibber

We are going on holiday for the first time without my daughter this year... I love my son to bits but at 15 he doesn't want to go shopping with me or mooch around Diagon Alley! She is in Australia for 2 months and is then coming home for a couple of weeks before going off to London and University. It doesn't seem 5 minutes ago she was asking for a push on the swings. I know she is a bright independent young lady though and I just hope she will remember her room will always be there for her - well until I want do downsize and move to Florida! Don't suppose I will ever get rid of her then!
loopylaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
There are some things I miss. For example earlier I threw away some bread, whereas when they were little that would never happen as we would save it and go to the duck pond to feed the ducks. If it was raining we would put on raincoats and wellies and go out splashing in the puddles. And I could just buy clothes and they would wear them - that definitely doesn't happen anymore
I can buy my eldest anything and she will wear it, she often tells me i have good taste in clothes and if we're out together she often asks me advice on clothes and make up.

My youngest is a whole different game, i can go out and buy him a football kit or pair of trainers and its fine but i never choose him other clothes unless he is with me.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread