Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Oct 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Barclaycard settled mine yesterday

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jenzo View Post
Lloyd's credited my card last night.
Is this the first confirmed sighting of a Lloyds refund?!
Wolf1984 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tylergeorgia
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve received a letter from Post Office credit card yesterday saying I’m getting all of mine back.
Phoned them because paid half of the bill and the rest was due to be paid next week.
They said I had a credit on my account and I’ve asked them to put back into the account I paid my statement from, will keep checking my account to see when it goes in.
They said my balance was nil 🙂
Feel better now, and more in a happy mood to plan for next years holiday
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
Is this the first confirmed sighting of a Lloyds refund?!
I think it is 😳
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Well well well...

So, getting mightily sick of this I called Lloyds again for an update and this time asked for the disputes team again after being fobbed off with the "we are within our 45 days" waffle.

Said I am happy to wait and want to speak to someone in disputes, 20 mins later ... spoke to someone who said she can raise the dispute today - wait what so you had my info for 4 weeks and done nothing...

Kept my calm, she asked for my TC ref number (she had all the other details on flight no of people where and dates etc) just no TC ref as none had been requested

So she said it should now be done as a temp credit within 3-5 days... I will keep checking daily but slinky dog make sure you get the disputes team (I told them I needed disputes team very nicely no raised voices just a lot of patience (unlike me!)

Will update when I hear more

Sam
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
SlinkyDog73
Having Dinner with Goofy

**UPDATE**

Got my letter from LLoyds and it was asking for all the info I had given on friday, PLUS copies of, administration/liquidator letter, copy of any warranty documentation,WRITTEN communication of the full nature of the claim..

Back on the phone to this time a helpful young chap, who spoke to the disputes team..they do not like to put you straight through I have found out...and in the end disputes asked to speak to me.

The lady was super helpful and said she would settle my claim there and then. Took all the details I took friday..and said will be credited to my account in 3-5 days.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

She did say, TC have 45 days to dispute it, but that is highly unlikely as they are no more.

I could cry ...My advice..ring up and keep asking to speak to the disputes team..

xxx
SlinkyDog73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
SlinkyDog73
Having Dinner with Goofy

Its is already showing as my available balance has increased...

YAY YAY YAY
SlinkyDog73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SlinkyDog73 View Post
**UPDATE**

Got my letter from LLoyds and it was asking for all the info I had given on friday, PLUS copies of, administration/liquidator letter, copy of any warranty documentation,WRITTEN communication of the full nature of the claim..

Back on the phone to this time a helpful young chap, who spoke to the disputes team..they do not like to put you straight through I have found out...and in the end disputes asked to speak to me.

The lady was super helpful and said she would settle my claim there and then. Took all the details I took friday..and said will be credited to my account in 3-5 days.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

She did say, TC have 45 days to dispute it, but that is highly unlikely as they are no more.

I could cry ...My advice..ring up and keep asking to speak to the disputes team..

xxx
Wow - both doing the same thing at the same time! So hopefully we should be getting our money back by end of the week... pays to chase them up...
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
SlinkyDog73
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by samhartwell View Post
Wow - both doing the same thing at the same time! So hopefully we should be getting our money back by end of the week... pays to chase them up...

Most def.. wonder if we had the same person, mine was Kathy..

The letter said they would review my case again in 3 weeks-5th nov- no way!

I am glad there is light at the end of the tunnel..

I hope everyone else gets a speedy resolution

magda x
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mandydoid
Proud to wear my Ears

Has anyone had any luck with Virgin credit card? Since sending our forms off we haven't heard anything. need the refund to rebook and this is our vow renewal and celebration trip.

We called in on 25th Sept after researching if we could claim for flights only when paying with a credit card. They said we could claim under section 75, but have to use their forms (i'd already drafted a letter using the moneysupermarket template) we had 3 transactions as paying for family members flights too, so we went through each transaction on the phone and they confirmed they could see they were all Thomas cook payments and forms would be sent out straight away.
The form, yep 1 form took a week to get here, 3rd October, we waited till the post came the day after to see if another 2 forms had arrived, they hadn't so called up, apparently we could add up all transactions on one form according to advisor, I wasn't happy with that as 1 the forms are so generic no room for extra info let alone addtional claims plus the letter that came with the form only refered to one of the transactions. She said only one form per card so I decided to photocopy the blank form. o more forms have arrived since then. For various reasons I was a bit delayed in sending it off, which I did on Tuesday 8th Oct - I send with a covering letter, using the advise and phrases from the template, 3 forms, 1 for each transaction, with a copy of relevant credit card statement, booking letter / invoice and also a letter stating Thomas cook is no longer trading and we were flight only so not atol protected. I sent this recorded delivery, and on tracking info states it was recieved on 9th October. Have called in today but they fobbed me off saying its going to take a long time to process.
mandydoid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List