Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
vanilla8
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

The Manchester flight is not ideal for us with two young children.
Have contacted CAA and awaiting their response on being put on a direct Gatwick flight
vanilla8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vanilla8 View Post
The Manchester flight is not ideal for us with two young children.
Have contacted CAA and awaiting their response on being put on a direct Gatwick flight
It’s not ideal for lots of people.
Unfortunately it’s a case of the needs of the many versus the needs of the few.
It will be interesting to see what the CAA say, with them being flat out just coping with the vast amount of Pax to be repatriated without having to deal with special cases. Best of luck tho.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Me and Leander are due home Thursday. The CAA details come in ato midnight daily Orlando time.
However, I was so convinced it was going pear-shaped that I booked Norwegian flights to LGW for a pinch. Just in case.
If I get a flight on Thursday from CAA, then I've blown 500 quid. I feel that that's nothing compared to the uncertainty for families with kids or the poor loyal staff have faced.
Perhaps the lesson I've been taught here is "don't book flight only non-atoll flights".
That's why I took the took the steps of back up home flights
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
Me and Leander are due home Thursday. The CAA details come in ato midnight daily Orlando time.
However, I was so convinced it was going pear-shaped that I booked Norwegian flights to LGW for a pinch. Just in case.
If I get a flight on Thursday from CAA, then I've blown 500 quid. I feel that that's nothing compared to the uncertainty for families with kids or the poor loyal staff have faced.
Perhaps the lesson I've been taught here is "don't book flight only non-atoll flights".
That's why I took the took the steps of back up home flights
I think Norwegian have a system for non refundable flights where you can pay a fee to change the date of flight. You may be able to change to next year and not lose all your money.

I did this last year and think I paid £90 each person but better than losing £500
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
surfer69
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We're due on today's flight, 24th to Manchester. Looks like it's an Atlas flight with all the flight times as the original TC flight.
Still secretly hoping to be delayed for a few days to enjoy an extended holiday
surfer69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Daft question. When you filled in your details with CAA, did you only give the leading passenger name and did it go through Survey Monkey ?
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dead-metal
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
Daft question. When you filled in your details with CAA, did you only give the leading passenger name and did it go through Survey Monkey ?
Yes (I was a bit surprised by that too), but they won’t actually contact you. The onus is on you to keep checking the CAA page for the new flight details.
I-Drive 1993, I-Drive 1995, Maingate 1996, DLRP 2003, DLRP 2004, I-Drive 2006, DLRP 2008, DLRP 2008, DLRP 2009, I-Drive 2009 + 4 day Wonder cruise, DLRP 2010, I-Drive 2010, DLRP 2012, LBV 2012, I-Drive 2013, I-Drive 2014
Dead-metal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are here! Flew here on 18th and due to fly home on 3rd October. We are staying at Rosen Plaza and they have been great! We did go and check with them we were ok to stay, and hotel has been paid so all good! I think our friends and family are more concerned than we are! We are just getting on with our holiday. Feel absolutely gutted for the staff at TC, devastating for them.
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
anj
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Looks like tonight’s replacement flight mco to Manchester is 14 hrs delayed. Thinking this will have a knock on effect to tomorrow.
anj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lovinit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by anj View Post
Looks like tonight’s replacement flight mco to Manchester is 14 hrs delayed. Thinking this will have a knock on effect to tomorrow.
Oh no, as if things weren't bad enough... I feel for everyone caught up in this fiasco.
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List