Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 29 Sep 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by deek72 View Post
They do price match though. Only yesterday they matched Orlandoattractions.com for Discovery Cove tickets (£194.40 vs £205 for our dates) and Disney 14 day tickets (£424 vs £435). I didn't go through prices with a fine toothed comb but it was a decent saving for 10 people.
Yes it was a good saving but it was not because of ATD it was because of the prices that orlandoattractions.com were offering. In my opinion [others might differ and that's fine] I would rather go with orlandoattractions.com who were giving the best deal in the first place rather than price match with ATD.

Make no mistake about it ATD are aware of the prices that other companies are charging but they consistently sell their tickets at a higher price. They then put things like the following on their site.

Attraction Tickets Direct will not be beaten on price! Our price promise ensures that you are getting the best value attraction tickets.

The above would only apply if you are aware that some other sites are selling the tickets cheaper and you price match. The thing is that when some people look at that statement they take it for granted that ATD are the cheapest [which they are not] and buy at the prices that ATD are showing. If ATD really want to ensure that they will not be beaten on price and they want us to have the best value for our tickets, why don't they put the lowest price on their site in the first place?

The one thing I will say is that I agree with BerkshireBugsy [post 10], ATD do have a good customer service, having said that, I know that orlandoattractions.com are also very highly thought of by members for their customer service [that's not to say that other sites don't give good customer service because they do].

One last thing, ATD and most other sites will price match subject to their T&Cs but there are other companies who say that they will beat the prices and not just price match, such as floridaescapes.co.uk and themeparktickets.co.uk, again subject to their T&Cs. I cannot personally say whether they will as I have never tried but it's what they both say on their sites.

All the above is just my personal opinion and I fully respect that members can use whichever company they want, and for whatever reason. At the end of the day as long as you're happy with your price and the customer service that you get, that's all that matters.
Old 29 Sep 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

The only thing I really hate about Attraction Tickets Direct is... they started a Facebook group where they were encouraging people about asking for the cheapest prices. Everytime I would mention a different company they would delete my post. People were using it for Orlando help and they were just advertising themselves which annoyed me.

I left that group 😂😂
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
Yes it was a good saving but it was not because of ATD it was because of the prices that orlandoattractions.com were offering. In my opinion [others might differ and that's fine] I would rather go with orlandoattractions.com who were giving the best deal in the first place rather than price match with ATD.

Make no mistake about it ATD are aware of the prices that other companies are charging but they consistently sell their tickets at a higher price. They then put things like the following on their site.

Attraction Tickets Direct will not be beaten on price! Our price promise ensures that you are getting the best value attraction tickets.

The above would only apply if you are aware that some other sites are selling the tickets cheaper and you price match. The thing is that when some people look at that statement they take it for granted that ATD are the cheapest [which they are not] and buy at the prices that ATD are showing. If ATD really want to ensure that they will not be beaten on price and they want us to have the best value for our tickets, why don't they put the lowest price on their site in the first place?

The one thing I will say is that I agree with BerkshireBugsy [post 10], ATD do have a good customer service, having said that, I know that orlandoattractions.com are also very highly thought of by members for their customer service [that's not to say that other sites don't give good customer service because they do].

One last thing, ATD and most other sites will price match subject to their T&Cs but there are other companies who say that they will beat the prices and not just price match, such as floridaescapes.co.uk and themeparktickets.co.uk, again subject to their T&Cs. I cannot personally say whether they will as I have never tried but it's what they both say on their sites.

All the above is just my personal opinion and I fully respect that members can use whichever company they want, and for whatever reason. At the end of the day as long as you're happy with your price and the customer service that you get, that's all that matters.
I agree with everything you say. It's a bit like John Lewis and their 'never knowingly undersold' promise. It means nothing as, even when I have had a competitor's price matched by them, they have still left the original price on the item even though they know they are being undersold, because I've just told them!
I only went with ATD because of their deposit scheme, I couldn't see one on orlandoattractions.com which is a shame because I too would have gone with the one genuinely offering their best price in the first place but £200 is not to be sniffed at.
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Robblps View Post
The only thing I really hate about Attraction Tickets Direct is... they started a Facebook group where they were encouraging people about asking for the cheapest prices. Everytime I would mention a different company they would delete my post. People were using it for Orlando help and they were just advertising themselves which annoyed me.

I left that group 😂😂
But if it's a facebook group that they created aren't they entitled to control the content ?

Just asking !
Old 3 Oct 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by deek72 View Post
I agree with everything you say. It's a bit like John Lewis and their 'never knowingly undersold' promise. It means nothing as, even when I have had a competitor's price matched by them, they have still left the original price on the item even though they know they are being undersold, because I've just told them!
I only went with ATD because of their deposit scheme, I couldn't see one on orlandoattractions.com which is a shame because I too would have gone with the one genuinely offering their best price in the first place but £200 is not to be sniffed at.
It used to be that you would have to phone them to pay a deposit but you can now do it through their site. I didn't know this until someone mentioned it on here a week or two ago.

Edited at 09:20 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Do people on here not use Undercover Tourist or Last Minute Travel Club, authorised Disney discount re-sellers?

I have been using Last Minute Travel Club for Disneyland for the last number of years and each time I save about $50 on a 3 day 1 park ticket compared with direct through Disney.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Do people on here not use Undercover Tourist or Last Minute Travel Club, authorised Disney discount re-sellers?

I have been using Last Minute Travel Club for Disneyland for the last number of years and each time I save about $50 on a 3 day 1 park ticket compared with direct through Disney.
Lots of members use undercovertourist. I can't comment on Last Minute Travel Club as I have never heard of them.

Edited at 07:36 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
But if it's a facebook group that they created aren't they entitled to control the content ?

Just asking !
Yeah, they can do that. I feel its not really a help though. Its like the Dibb having a ticket selling site, then anytime someone asked for the best tickets, you would delete everything but the tickets from the Dibb. Its not really helping what people actually want then, its just benefiting yourself. So i didnt like that haha
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Attraction tickets direct for us - uk based and proper tickets. Keep an eye out for their offers.

I have always had great service from them
They always price match too if I find them cheaper
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List