Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile Hunters Grill at the Sequoia Lodge

Going in December & have the plus meal plan again, but want to try places I’ve not ate in before. We always seem to do the same restaurants every time we go so thought we’d try something different. How is HG buffet? What sort of food offerings is there fir kids & would you pick here over Restaurant de Stars?
We also want to try the steak house this time, again never been in there either & think we’ll go for captain jacks too as never even been there when it was blue lagoon!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Hyper
In Magic Kingdom!

Mobile

Hi. We have eaten in HG and it was lovely and suited to kids. Can't comment on the comparison with Restaurant de Stars as we haven't eaten there. The buffet in Santa Fe is also lovely if you haven't been there. Great value. We were in DLP in July with the meal plan and found California Grill and Remy's to be among the best meals. Every course was delicious and the staff were so nice in both places and we will definitely eat in both places again. We tried the Steakhouse for the first time and were quite disappointed in the food. We wouldn't go back. We way preferred Silver Spur and always eat there. We went to Captain Jack's and it was the poorest meal we had during the holiday with both of us leaving it unfinished which was a shame considering the price it is. This was just our experience though and maybe not the same for everyone.
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Armanaleg
Apprentice Imagineer

Agree with the previous post regarding Captain Jack's. We went in Oct 2017 and found that Remy's and Agrabah Cafe were great. Had eaten at the Blue Lagoon on previous visits and it was one of the best meals we had. Sitting right down by the water watching the boats and had really great food. However on this trip we went to Captain Jack's and found it to be one of the worst meals / experiences in a disney restaurant ever. The table was squeezed in even though it was pre booked and the food was poor. The whole experience was disappointing and we will not go there again. My D is in DLRP right now and she is avoiding Captain Jack's based on our last visit experience.

DLRP - DC 96; SL 98; DLH 03, Castle Club 07 (upgraded by Mickey to the Cinderella Suite), CC 09, DLH 14, HNY 15, HNY Empire State 17, SL Golden Forest 23
WDW - POR 06 & 08.
WDW - 2010 & 11 - 21 days - Both Cancelled - Redundancy!
Armanaleg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Hi. We have eaten in HG and it was lovely and suited to kids. Can't comment on the comparison with Restaurant de Stars as we haven't eaten there. The buffet in Santa Fe is also lovely if you haven't been there. Great value. We were in DLP in July with the meal plan and found California Grill and Remy's to be among the best meals. Every course was delicious and the staff were so nice in both places and we will definitely eat in both places again. We tried the Steakhouse for the first time and were quite disappointed in the food. We wouldn't go back. We way preferred Silver Spur and always eat there. We went to Captain Jack's and it was the poorest meal we had during the holiday with both of us leaving it unfinished which was a shame considering the price it is. This was just our experience though and maybe not the same for everyone.
Oh ok thanks for your honest opinion. I always seem to eat at Chez Remey (we go regularly) & we ate in silver spur last month, I enjoyed it but my daughter didn’t like the smokey taste of the steak... miss fuss pot! So I thought to try the steak house this time. I think I’ll rethink captain jacks too. Thank you.

Edited at 07:40 PM.
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Armanaleg View Post
Agree with the previous post regarding Captain Jack's. We went in Oct 2017 and found that Remy's and Agrabah Cafe were great. Had eaten at the Blue Lagoon on previous visits and it was one of the best meals we had. Sitting right down by the water watching the boats and had really great food. However on this trip we went to Captain Jack's and found it to be one of the worst meals / experiences in a disney restaurant ever. The table was squeezed in even though it was pre booked and the food was poor. The whole experience was disappointing and we will not go there again. My D is in DLRP right now and she is avoiding Captain Jack's based on our last visit experience.
Great thank you. I’ll definitely re-think captain Jacks now & probably stick to Remy!
Old 30 Sep 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

HG was one of our favourite eateries last Oct. plenty of choice of meats, fish and vegetables. All tatsted much better than places like plaza gardens. We will return again!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

We really enjoyed Hunters Grill on our last couple of visits - look out for Herve the chef doing his melted cheese onto potatoes 😊

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
HG is great but try to find a quiet time. I have seen many reports say it gets busy, full of over excited children! We were lucky and it was quiet when we visited. Lovely buffet and definitely a cut above the standard ones.

That said, Restaurant des Stars is actually a bit of a hidden gem. Whole prawns, carvery, various other hot choices, lots of salads, a really good variety of desserts and best of all, you can always get a walk up! Yes, the decor is bland but the food is pretty good.

We found La Grange at Billy Bob’s a really good buffet too.

Not been to Steakhouse for years. Our steak was chewy and bland but that m8ghtvhave been a one-off.

Silver Spur gets mixed reviews. I read many reports of cheap fatty steaks. We paid extra for the more expensive menu though and our steak was excellent.

Captain Jack’s is OK too but I find the set menu relies too much on mango, coconut, pineapple etc. That said, the food was fine and the ambiance is lovely. Yes, the tables are close together but you get that everywhere, surely? And in Captain Jack’s it is part of the atmosphere of being in a waterside inn. Plus, Jack pops in sometimes for a chat!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List