Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Oct 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
oateyboy
Excited about Disney

Mobile 5k and 10k runs.

Hi

Has anyone on here done the DLP 5k or 10k runs. My wife is interested in taking part but has no idea where to start.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
oateyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Hi Oateyboy.

The 5k & 10k runs are 25th & 26th September next year.

We did is this year, we booked our room and tickets with Disney this time last year and then phoned up at the end of this month and added the bibs on when they started selling as packages.

We did the 36k challenge which was £150 so not sure what the 5 and 10 are.
Old 3 Oct 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Just to add into this - they have just announced Disneyland Paris Princess weekend on 8th - 10th May 2020 which has a 5k and 8k (I think, going from memory).

We did the first 1/2 marathon in Sept 2016 and found that the runs themselves weren't as well organised as the USA ones.

There are a number of travel agents that do packages including bibs for the runs (just google it). Possibly the best thing to do is to decide which runs you are interested in and then chose the hotel (they also do bib only if you want to stay off site) and decide how many days you want to go.

Runs normally start 6am ish (some variation either side) and you will need to be able to maintain a 16min/mile pace. There are characters dotted around the course for photos (if you want to stop) and normally a water stop every 2 miles or so (if they copy the USA style). We appreciated being able to walk to and from the race to the hotel and liked that the races went through the parks.

There is a running subforum on here but I can never remember where it is! May be worth a look and ask the question again.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Also I think that next year is a 5 year anniversary for the September races so they are likely to sell out more quickly than previous years. Disney normally do something "special" for the anniversary races.

Look out for the kids races too if you have kids who are interested. I think that the kids need to be 5y old before doing the 5k, but there are specific races for the young ones which are great fun.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
oateyboy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for all the advice.
oateyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
beckstrous
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Out of interest, can you get bibs without park tickets? Asking because we are probably getting annual passes next summer, but I'm conscious that the races would have sold out by then.
beckstrous is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Disneyland Paris have, in the past, done bib only sales but I think that they are released after the packages. The runs in WDW are sold as just the bibs (no hotel or tickets). Hopefully someone else has more info for you.
Old 5 Oct 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
beckstrous
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Thank you!
beckstrous is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List