Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 4 Oct 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
elkay62
New Poster (4)

Fastpass mysteries

Hi, I need some advice on how to sort out fastpasses for a one-day visit to Hollywood studios in 3 weeks time.
1. If I buy the tickets online from Disney, is it possible to book fastpasses in advance, or can we only get them on the day when we have the physical tickets? E.g. when I buy online, is there a specific collection option that includes a ticket number that I can use to link to the app to reserve fastpasses?
2. Assuming yes, when I purchase the tickets on my account, will they all appear on my app? Can or should my family add their individual tickets to the app on their phones as well?
3. What is MaxPass? It appears that you pay $15 to be able to add fastpasses on the app, but I thought you could do that anyway. Is it something to specific to Disneyland?
I'm sure it's simpler than it appears to me.
Any other tips would be appreciated.
elkay62 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Hi. Welcome to the DIBB.

1. Yes, you can book fastpasses in advance when you buy online. You’ll be sent a Will Call confirmation email and you can use the reference number on that to link the tickets to your account. You also use the email to pick up the plastic cards at the tickets desks.
2. I believe if you buy the tickets whilst you are logged into your account then the tickets appear in your account (and also in the app). If not, then you can link the Will Call email to you account as I mentioned in point 1 above.
3. MaxPass is only applicable at Disneyland. You cannot buy MaxPass for Disney World. Make sure you buy tickets for Disney World - if that’s where you’re going, of course.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
elkay62
New Poster (4)

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Hi. Welcome to the DIBB.

1. Yes, you can book fastpasses in advance when you buy online. You’ll be sent a Will Call confirmation email and you can use the reference number on that to link the tickets to your account. You also use the email to pick up the plastic cards at the tickets desks.
2. I believe if you buy the tickets whilst you are logged into your account then the tickets appear in your account (and also in the app). If not, then you can link the Will Call email to you account as I mentioned in point 1 above.
3. MaxPass is only applicable at Disneyland. You cannot buy MaxPass for Disney World. Make sure you buy tickets for Disney World - if that’s where you’re going, of course.
Thanks, got tickets and fastpasses sorted :-)

More fastpass questions...visiting HS on 28th, with fastpasses in the afternoon (post 12pm tickets).
1. Do you have to use all three fastpasses before you can book a new one, or do you get a fresh slot every time you use one up?
2. What are the chances of picking up fastpasses during the afternoon for Aerosmith/Tower of Terror in the evening? Or will they be booked out solid for the day by that time? Looking today at 4pm EST, there are fastpasses available for later today. Is this a good indication?
elkay62 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by elkay62 View Post
1. Do you have to use all three fastpasses before you can book a new one, or do you get a fresh slot every time you use one up?
You have to use up all three fastpasses before you can book another one for that day. You can then only book one at a time.

Originally Posted by elkay62 View Post
2. What are the chances of picking up fastpasses during the afternoon for Aerosmith/Tower of Terror in the evening? Or will they be booked out solid for the day by that time? Looking today at 4pm EST, there are fastpasses available for later today. Is this a good indication?
There's a reasonable chance. Have a look at the DIBB's Fastpass Availability page which might provide more of an idea:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/fas...ailability.php

For today (admittedly it's only 7am in Florida), there are still fastpasses available later today for Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Rollercoaster.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List