Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Oct 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I'm not sure I really get the logic of your plan.

Your "early start" will consist of getting your cases together and back into a car, checking out of your one-night hotel and then checking into CS with the likelihood your room won't be ready.

All sounds like a lot of hassle compared to just going straight to CS when you arrive, getting up bright and early and heading to a park for fun.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post

Your "early start" will consist of getting your cases together and back into a car, checking out of your one-night hotel and then checking into CS with the likelihood your room won't be ready.

All sounds like a lot of hassle compared to just going straight to CS when you arrive, getting up bright and early and heading to a park for fun.
There are no rooms available at CS on the day we fly so we don't have an option. We will check in and fully expect our room won't be ready but we will already be dressed and ready for a park day and we will leave our luggage at the concierge for the day. Ideally we would have done what you suggested but unfortuntely wasn't that simple.

We had a 5 night stay booked at CS and we had a complimentary 1 night stay to add on. We booked the 5 nights a while back to make use of the free dining plan with flexibility on flights and once we booked our flights we planned to add the 1 night comp on for the 1st night but it is fully booked so the comp night is now added to the end of the booking.

We have now booked Hampton Inn (Orlando Maingate South) which looks decent. It's 60 mins from Tampa and 20 mins from CS. 120 USD with breakfast for the 4 of us.
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post

We've had to book a one night in arrival before checking into Disney as Disney has no availability to change. We've booked Rosen Inn at Points with virgin holidays at £54 for the night.

Positives are it's over £150 cheaper than POFQ, we will be up early so have time for breakfast out and stock up on essentials such as bottles of water and snacks for Disney.
We'll be able to leave luggage at bell services and head to park.
Not ideal and would have moved dates but there are some bonuses. We never go to park on first evening, just food and bed.

Edited at 10:07 AM.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Noodle500 View Post
Positives are it's over £150 cheaper than POFQ, we will be up early so have time for breakfast out and stock up on essentials such as bottles of water and snacks for Disney.
We'll be able to leave luggage at bell services and head to park.
Not ideal and would have moved dates but there are some bonuses. We never go to park on first evening, just food and bed.
We thought exactly the same too. £150 in the pocket and we just go straight to bed so works out alright for us.
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
With a disney moderate costing around $300 a night when I'm going to arrive late and too tired to appreciate my surroundings I definitely prefer to stay somewhere cheaper and save some towards spends. The cases haven't been unpacked, we will naturally be awake at silly o'clock , moving to the onsite hotel, dropping off the cases and leaving for the park seems a really sensible and not particularly onerous use of the time.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

We also need a hotel for one night after we drive from Tampa airport. We’ll be checking into POFQ at crack of sparrows the next day, ready to cane our Disney stay perks for 6 nights. Disney hotels are crazy expensive, it seems stupid to waste a night when we’re exhausted from travelling, at a top-dollar hotel.
I’ve looked at the Wingate by Wyndham- looks to be on the I4, near POFQ and £64 -ish per night.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
barbie5
Apprentice Imagineer

We are doing the same but staying at MCO the day we arrive, then get magical express early next morning so we get the ful week to enjoy the resort.

Chris
barbie5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mycaseispacked
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by barbie5 View Post
We are doing the same but staying at MCO the day we arrive, then get magical express early next morning so we get the ful week to enjoy the resort.

Chris
We’re planning exactly the same, especially as we’re on the late BA flight. Which hotel have you gone for? I’m tempted by Springhill Suites, it has a shuttle and looks a good fit for a family of 5 but open to ideas!

Edited at 11:11 PM.
Mycaseispacked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Staybridge suites are a good option at MCO too

Another option would be to book a Value for the first night... Disney will transfer your luggage for you. When we did this last year All Star Sports was £100 via Expedia/hotels.com versus £150 Disney direct for a single night.

Edited at 11:41 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List