Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Still debating what to do about this and hoping my fellow Dibbers might be able to help me decide. Now that the flights are all showing again on Norwegian's site, it seems my return flight is unchanged so our holiday duration is increased by 1 night. So looks like our options are:

- Bring Disney booking forward a day, move return flight forward a day. Total cost should be £50 Disney amendment fee and whatever insurance charges for a date change if any (anyone know if they usually charge?)
- Flights to Tampa on 19th are still running and can switch to this flight FOC (though personally feel they should refund me partially as it's a cheaper route). We were supposed to spend last few days of holiday on Gulf Coast but thought could switch to doing that at the start instead. Only problem is Tampa flight not due to land until early eve and hubby not keen on driving for the first time in US in the dark. So think we'd have to stay in an airport hotel first night. Total cost £50 Disney amendment fee.
- Push Norwegian to reroute us on a different airline on the correct date, some people are saying I have the right to this, others disagree. Zero cost for this option if it works.
- Keep the increased duration. Book MCO airport hotel the first night, leave Disney booking unchanged and get ME to hotel early next day. Cost - extra night of accommodation plus any insurance increase for the longer duration
- Wait and hope prices for other airlines reduce so I can ditch my Norwegian booking completely and leave plans as they were.

I'm really struggling with the decision so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited at 11:07 PM. Reason: correcting error
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Personally I would stay an extra day all things being equal
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Personally I would stay an extra day all things being equal
But you can afford the Beach Club so not really on the same budget as me 😂 Thanks for replying though.
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Or yet another option
Book aValue for your first night (usually cheaper with Expedia or hotels.com for one night than direct with Disney) and take Magical Express. Pool and pizza and bed and next morning go as eArly as you like to your Disney hotel (we went at 7am) and do check in to validate passes and any dining plan.
You don't need to lug your luggage, Disney will transfer it for free to your next hotel.
Your room may or may not be ready but you can still get the bands and be at the parks as early as you like ... with jet lag you'll be awake stupid early your first morning anyway. Even a one night Value booking booked indirect gets you DME. We used Lyft to take us to our hotel the next morning rather than two buses.

Norwegian won't put you on another carrier , they aren't obliged to with a major change so far ahead. Even when we had a flight cancelled on the day they didn't do it though and I had family members rebooked indirect with Delta Orlando to Boston then Norwegian Boston to Gatwick as direct flights were full for a few days and we needed to fly asap (EU261 did apply in that case and they paid up the compensation and all receipted expenses without any need to chase them up)

Originally Posted by mermaidhair View Post
Still debating what to do about this and hoping my fellow Dibbers might be able to help me decide. Now that the flights are all showing again on Norwegian's site, it seems my return flight is unchanged so our holiday duration is increased by 1 night. So looks like our options are:

- Bring Disney booking forward a day, move return flight forward a day. Total cost should be £50 Disney amendment fee and whatever insurance charges for a date change if any (anyone know if they usually charge?)
- Flights to Tampa on 19th are still running and can switch to this flight FOC (though personally feel they should refund me partially as it's a cheaper route). We were supposed to spend last few days of holiday on Gulf Coast but thought could switch to doing that at the start instead. Only problem is Tampa flight not due to land until early eve and hubby not keen on driving for the first time in US in the dark. So think we'd have to stay in an airport hotel first night. Total cost £50 Disney amendment fee.
- Push Norwegian to reroute us on a different airline on the correct date, some people are saying I have the right to this, others disagree. Zero cost for this option if it works.
- Keep the increased duration. Book MCO airport hotel the first night, leave Disney booking unchanged and get ME to hotel early next day. Cost - extra night of accommodation plus any insurance increase for the longer duration
- Wait and hope prices for other airlines reduce so I can ditch my Norwegian booking completely and leave plans as they were.

I'm really struggling with the decision so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Or yet another option
Book aValue for your first night (usually cheaper with Expedia or hotels.com for one night than direct with Disney) and take Magical Express. Pool and pizza and bed and next morning go as eArly as you like to your Disney hotel (we went at 7am) and do check in to validate passes and any dining plan.
You don't need to lug your luggage, Disney will transfer it for free to your next hotel.
Great idea - I just found All Star Movies (which the kids would love theming of) for £118 which is less than the half decent looking airport hotels were. Only trouble is that price is on the website otel.com - any idea if it's trustworthy?

We have our old magic bands so if we do online check-in, would we even need to go in the morning to CSR, wouldn't our dining plan and tickets already be validated?
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

But you can afford the Beach Club so not really on the same budget as me 😂 Thanks for replying though.
You listed it as one of the options lol
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Great idea - I just found All Star Movies (which the kids would love theming of) for £118 which is less than the half decent looking airport hotels were. Only trouble is that price is on the website otel.com - any idea if it's trustworthy?

We have our old magic bands so if we do online check-in, would we even need to go in the morning to CSR, wouldn't our dining plan and tickets already be validated?
So long as the batteries in them haven't died, yes !
Never used otel but not heard any bad stuff either

Edited at 08:27 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
So long as the batteries in them haven't died, yes !
Never used otel but not heard any bad stuff either
Unfortunately I looked at some online reviews and they said otherwise! So it's £155 through Hotels.com which is still not far off the airport one I'd found. Though I'm wondering if Pop would be better as then we could maybe take the Skyliner to a few different places on the first night (assuming it's running again!).

I think this is definitely the best plan though, slightly increases costs but park time gained overall!
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

Not that it applies in this case as they have given more than 2 weeks notice but worth remembering that EU261 is an EU law that won't apply to flights leaving the UK going to the US after Brexit, if/when we leave the EU. bottonline/flight-...y-compensation
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List