Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Oct 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Epcot won't bother us - we'll be there for food and wine and that plus world showcase are the main draws.

Our days there in the past involved hitting living with the land/soarin', crossing to test track via mousegear and after riding that heading for world showcase at opening.

I don't foresee the changes having much of an impact on that plan - mousegear is moving, thats about it. I'll miss club cool if it doesn't re-open but with food and wine, we'll be set for interesting drinks to try. Besides, I'm starting to suspect they'll make club cool chargeable.

As to the other parks construction, anything outside the parks (i.e. on the way into the park) is irrelevant to me. Plus we find new construction interesting - we've been following Tim Tracker on that. Interested to see how far the Jurassic Park ride at Universal will be when we go. Plus the new stuff opening as others have mentioned. Really curious about Terminators replacement, and ratatouille etc was a surprise as given Disney's glacial building speeds didn't expect them for next year.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I have only been twice.

Dec 2010 - half of Fantasyland behind grey hoardings in prep for New Fantasyland.

Nov 2010 - much of AK behind green hoardings in prep for Pandora. DTD was practically all hoardings prepping for DS.

Did it spoil anything? No, we had a blast.

There will always be something!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
There isn't actually that much closing in 2020 and as for general construction work it's only going to affect the Future World part of Epcot and a small part of MK for the new Tron ride. It's unfortunate that there will be lots of hoardings in Epcot but it's not a major disappointment or anything. In fact, I am glad they are updating the park - it needed it.

Last time we went they were constructing both Pandora in AK and Toy Story Land & Galaxy's Edge in HS. There were far more areas 'closed' then than they'll be next year. You will almost always see some construction work going on whenever you visit.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

I am like you, we have saved for a long time to go and I feel a little disappointed that Epcot may be looking like wall city, mostly just because it is my OH's first time there and he doesn't watch vlogs or anything so doesn't know how it normally looks - I am worried it may take away from the experience of this park for him.

But equally if you wait for something to open to take your trip you will never go because there will always be something new being built or refurbed. We will still have a great time and I feel like there are rides we are going to just miss opening to but the way I see it is they will have worked out all the problems with them and wait times will be lower when we next return!
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
At the moment all the entrances have boards up. They seem to be redoing all the park entrances at once. And yes, it is a bit frustrating but doesn’t take away from the parks.
Epcot has boards up everywhere in Future World and it doesn’t look great at all. Once you get to World Showcase though it’s back to normal and it feels like Epcot again.

A few boards up in Epcot doesn’t adversely affect my enjoyment though.
But by 2020 most of the entrance work - except at Epcot - will be complete. The OP was talking about 2020, and not now.

Of course, by next year Disney could've decided to do some more work somewhere else and the boards might have moved.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I understand where you are coming from. You've planned the holiday of a lifetime and want it to be perfect.

Due to the huge amounts of work that are being done in the lead up to the 50th anniversary I made it quite clear to our children that we won't be going back for a long time until everything is all opened. Yes I know there will always be closures which are unavoidable and they will always be opening new things but to me there seems like an awful lot of refurb going on at the moment.

however, would this make me postpone a holiday for 2020? No. It's still great to be there and there will still be so much to do.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by WDWfangirl View Post
Due to the huge amounts of work that are being done in the lead up to the 50th anniversary
As far as I'm aware there isn't (yet?) a huge amount of work being done in the lead up to the 50th anniversary. There's not really much more work going on than has previously been at the parks.

As I mentioned above, there was more work going on last time I visited in 2016.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

You will still have a fantastic holiday, there’s always plenty to do and Disney are really good at hiding work being done. EPCOT is my favourite park has been since are very 1st visit, so it will be interesting to see how I feel on our 15th visit next year. We morn the loss of rides and experiences but they make way for new experiences and memories. Looking forward to seeing how it looks in August 2020.
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Orlando Soon View Post
You will still have a fantastic holiday, there’s always plenty to do and Disney are really good at hiding work being done. EPCOT is my favourite park has been since are very 1st visit, so it will be interesting to see how I feel on our 15th visit next year. We morn the loss of rides and experiences but they make way for new experiences and memories. Looking forward to seeing how it looks in August 2020.
Epcot is my favourite park and to be honest Future world made my heart sink it looks awful so just be prepared, i did cheer up enormously in World Showcase!
We visited The Epcot Experience though and the future looks really bright, their plans for Epcot look incredible, and to be honest future world really needs it!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Am I missing something? There was absolutely tons of work going on at Epcot and Magic Kingdom this year and I was surprised and a tiny bit disappointed by the amount. I'm amazed some people think it's not much!
We've been a few times now and there's always work going on somewhere but this time it felt like a blanket of scrim and temporary walls everywhere.
I still had a wonderful time but I'm hoping some of these walls will be down by next summer, Epcot I can live with but I really haven't ever experienced such a heavy presence of building work before.
I'm sure by next year it'll be better though.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List