Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Oct 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
With immediate effect I will no longer be having any more take aways, with the only exception being the occasional Nandos.

We had an Indian take away a couple of weeks and my family were saying how brilliant the reviews were for a restaurant we hadn't tried before, and despite not having an Indian take away for a very long time I went with it, and the food wasn't very good at all, and I had an unsettled stomach for a few days after.

The reviews from people about a kebab shop were great, so we just had a lamb shish, and at £8.95 each it was not good. Tough lamb and pitta bread that was so hard in places it was inedible.

I virtually stopped having take aways years ago (with a couple of exceptions- nandos being one), and now I know why!

Either I am overly fussy or people are happy to pay for overpriced rubbish take aways.

Sunday afternoon rant over
If you go to Nandos then you are not over fussy.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I'm going to pick my little lad up from the cinema soon and on the way back getting a spicey box of chicken nugget things from KFC, after that I'm not having another takeaway for at least a week

I'm resigned to having my lardy body on display at the water parks
Old 13 Oct 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Better off making curries from scratch, healthier and better for you. I also dont know why nandos gets praise, ate there once, never again overpriced rubbish imo.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We haven’t had Chinese or Indian takeaways for years - the only takeaways we do have is fish and chips from our fabulous chippy about a mile away.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have a fantastic Chinese takeaway in the town which we traditionally use when we get back from holiday. Apart from that we either eat out or I cook from scratch.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone just having a shish at 5pm on a Sun afternoon should know they're more than likely having a Sat night shish warmed up again.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thefergies View Post
Anyone just having a shish at 5pm on a Sun afternoon should know they're more than likely having a Sat night shish warmed up again.
I always pick up myself and watch it being prepared and cooked.
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

The only takeaway we get is fish and chips. We don't have a great Indian restaurant, I prefer what I make at home, and for Chinese or Thai takeaway is not as good as eating in, so we'd rather do that. We don't do pizza takeaways since we bought a pizza oven, as what we make ourselves is as good as anything we can buy.
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have a nice kebab shop not far from us and they do lovely chicken kebabs, My dd Uber’s Chiquitos which is nice, we have a occasional Chinese. My son orders Pizza Hut pizzas, we also have a good fish and chip shop down the road. Kfc and McDonald’s all vile by time you get it home, we eat in in or don’t bother. I love Nandos now and again and curries are bought in the supermarket or I make them. It’s really anoying when you spend £40 On a takeaway and it’s vile, MH you could do a bit of cooking in your spare time lol
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I do have marks, waitrose and sainsburys ready made curries and chinese meals, but they are better quality than the take away shops, no doubt much much fresher and cheaper.

I appreciate that Nandos aren't perfect and we can sometimes be unlucky with a not so nice takeaway from them, but in the main it's simple food (chicken) and taste better than the other take aways. I would also think the hygiene standards in Nandos is higher than many curry and kebab take aways. I have looked through the hygiene ratings of take aways in my area, and I'm surpised some are still allowed to trade.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List