Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
Don’t tell her that I’d never hear the end of it 🤣
When I started nursing and working in the locked wards at psychiatric hospitals. Guiness was on the food order list as a food due to its properties. We were able to order it and give to patients who had to have a prescription from the medics for the number of cans allowed daily. The prescription was on the same kardex as all other drugs.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

"only millionaires go on cruises or to America on holiday" according to my 94 year old MIL. We've given up trying to explain and now tell her we are going to Spain !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Smoosplace
Getting Excited

Mobile

'I've just googled it' my mil is the queen of doctor Google!
Smoosplace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
When I started nursing and working in the locked wards at psychiatric hospitals. Guiness was on the food order list as a food due to its properties. We were able to order it and give to patients who had to have a prescription from the medics for the number of cans allowed daily. The prescription was on the same kardex as all other drugs.
And sherry was prescribed!

Mil always gave DS a cuddle and said I shouldn't reprimand him because
"he was adopted". He loved her to bits as did we.
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Apart from her complete racism at times and her need to inform you if you in her opinion that you have put on weight, its her need to tell us what shops sell as we drive past them.

Oh looks there's WH Smith they sell newspapers etc.

Don't start me on my FIL. Whats for you won't go by you is his favourite. Makes no sense at all.
My grandad used to say similar “what’s for yee won’t go by Yee “ it is just another way of saying what’s meant to be will be. Like if you went for a new job and it was meant to be you would get it

I love the saying

Kate
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Originally Posted by KateD View Post
My grandad used to say similar “what’s for yee won’t go by Yee “ it is just another way of saying what’s meant to be will be. Like if you went for a new job and it was meant to be you would get it

I love the saying

Kate
It still doesn't make sense to me. Its almost saying if you want something you don't need to do anything to get it. It will happen anyway. My reality is if want something you need to work towards it. If you make the effort then good things will happen. Just sitting around doing nothing will mean to get nothing.

Why the expression more than anything surprised me from him is that he is someone who didn't sit around waiting for life to give him the breaks. He work very long hours as a chef to get where he got. early mornings etc. Working as his wife gave birth to his children.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Or sweetheart stout was an other option
I started training 1978 and at times the best option we had for terminal illness pain was Brompton Cocktail a whole load of opiatetes in a alcohol base such as brandy or gin liberal amounts were prescribed believe me
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Actually said on our wedding day it was the worst day of her life 😳 she loves me 23 years later ( I think) . We are taking her away for her 80th later this week , I’m taking the barcardi 😂😂😂

I had Guinness when I was pregnant ( midwife told me to have it &#128521 , still like a glass now.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I started training 1978 and at times the best option we had for terminal illness pain was Brompton Cocktail a whole load of opiatetes in a alcohol base such as brandy or gin liberal amounts were prescribed believe me
It was a better choice than what happens now. The days which follow nil by mouth are worse. Sorry for the serious note but I recently lost my mother who followed that pathway and remembered by father who followed the same pathway a decade or so ago.
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Goodness a real blast from the past. I had forgotten all about Brompton Cocktail.