Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Nov 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Waiting to hear back about our offer on a house!

We went to view a house today and, after over a year of looking, thought this was the One.

There seemed to be a LOT of other interest in the house, with people outside waiting to view it after us and others before us - very busy.

So we decided to make an offer on the house (slightly under the asking price) even though ours is not quite on the market yet - something I thought was not really allowed but I was completely open with the estate agent and he did not seem bothered.

He said he would talk to the owner and get back to me within an hour, but it has now been almost two hours. The owner is selling due to divorce so is he consulting with his ex?

Getting quite nervous here about our sudden decision and whether we have offered too much.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Going to be honest here, I wouldnt even look at an offer if you hadn’t sold yours (actually we didn’t even let people view our house who hadn’t sold). You have been looking for a year but haven’t put yours up for sale?

Fingers crossed I’m wrong though!

Edited at 07:43 PM.
pennycrayon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pennycrayon View Post
Going to be honest here, I would even look at an offer if you hadn’t sold yours (actually we didn’t even let people view our house who hadn’t sold). You have been looking for a year but haven’t put yours up for sale?

Well that's what I thought!

The issue is that if we had put our house on the market one year ago, and it sold, what would happen? Would we have to move into rented accommodation?

We only wanted to sell if we found the right place so it seemed silly to cause upheaval or mess people about unless we knew we wanted to move (soon).
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by AnnieB View Post
Well that's what I thought!

The issue is that if we had put our house on the market one year ago, and it sold, what would happen? Would we have to move into rented accommodation?

We only wanted to sell if we found the right place so it seemed silly to cause upheaval or mess people about unless we knew we wanted to move (soon).
Totally understand it’s a nightmare, we nearly ended up renting last year as we couldn’t find anything to buy (sold our house in 24 hours), thankfully the right house came up. Where I live there is a lot of demand for properties so closed bids are common as are chain free sales.

Hope you hear back soon!
Old 25 Nov 17, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s difficult to know what to do first when buying and selling. However when we were looking to buy most sellers wouldn’t really entertain an offer unless we’d sold and we were already on the market.
The fact you’re not even on the market may mean they won’t want to consider your offer, especially if they have a lot of other interest and want to move quickly themselves due to divorce. There is no way of knowing how long your house will take to sell. I hope I’m wrong and you get the house. The whole buying and selling process is really stressful! Good luck!
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Going to be honest here, I wouldnt even look at an offer if you hadn’t sold yours (actually we didn’t even let people view our house who hadn’t sold). You have been looking for a year but haven’t put yours up for sale?

I agree, we would however let people view who had theirs on the market,
I believe the op has put an offer of interest in
Old 25 Nov 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I purchased my house when my old house was not on the market 10 yrs ago, to this day I don't know how I did it lol. Thankfully my own house sold the week after we moved into the new one so we only had 1 month of 2 mortgage payments!
Old 25 Nov 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Mobile

Totally understand it’s a nightmare, we nearly ended up renting last year as we couldn’t find anything to buy (sold our house in 24 hours), thankfully the right house came up. Where I live there is a lot of demand for properties so closed bids are common as are chain free sales.

Hope you hear back soon!
This is me! Sold our flat back in September and living with parents ever since

Good luck with your offer!
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Well the estate agent has not called. I assume this means they are considering the offer?

If the owner was not interested, surely they would have said by now.
Old 25 Nov 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

You maybe surprised, but when we moved some vendors did'nt answer their phones on weekends when they were selling, some even went on holiday when they put their houses up for sale!
Mine was for sale for 3 months but due to buyers messing round we eventually had no choice but to go into rented until we found the house we have now.

Things maybe different in the last few years, but to be honest & Im sorry if its not want you want to hear, but I would'nt even consider an offer as a seller if the person/s putting the offer in did'nt even have their house on the market.

I assume the estate agent knows you have'nt marketed your house yet?
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List