Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Jul 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JulesAyr
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Question Candlelight Processional - should we go?

Hi,

Wondered what everyone's views on the Candelight Processional at Epcot. I've heard of it but don't know much about it or what to expect. Is it worth booking a dining package to guarantee a seat? Does it matter which show to go to? Is a cost effective way to do this e.g. a particular restaurant/time of day that is cheaper?

Thinking of booking for our first Epcot day - no narrator announced for our date yet (29th Dec). At the moment there seems to be availability but don't want to leave too long.

Thanks for any advice.

Jules

July 2004 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2007 - Christmas at Disney - Sheraton Studio City/Royal Plaza
June/July 2009 - Hilton Doubletree Guest Suites, LBV
July 2011 - Hard Rock Hotel, Marriott Clearwater, Buena Vista Palace
July 2012 - Buena Vista Palace / Royal Pacific Resort
July 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific Resort
July 2017 - OKW / Royal Pacific Resort
2019 - Christmas and New Year trip
JulesAyr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gaston77
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We went to our first Candlelight Processional last December and paid for a dining package (Ale and Compass breakfast) to guarantee a ticket. From my only experience, and if it’s something you want to do, then I would book well in advance... although I waited until the day majority of narrators announced and bought our tickets then. The narrator didn’t really matter to me. There were huge queues for standby and I don’t know how many of those people got in. They seem to queue for quite some time before the start time and I wouldn’t fancy that if it was wet! You can hear and see some of the show from the walkway at the back of the theatre but my choice was to simply guarantee a ticket to avoid any doubt about not getting in. As a family, it was one of our holiday highlights, the choirs and orchestra were fantastic and it was as close to a Watchnight service as we could have hoped. Incidentally, the breakfast at Ale and Compass was also pretty decent. Not sure if that helps, as with most things you may get a different view from others but I wouldn’t hesitate booking as soon as majority of narrators announced.
Gaston77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I have booked it I want to do all the unique things to that time of the year at Disney, also my family are not sure about missing Christmas at home so i am trying to make it as Chrismassy as possible in case we need to go again
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Definitely booked it I absolutely loved it it was one the highlights of my holiday. People to start queuing very early I was round about the area looking at the pavilions at 2 and people had already started queuing in the standby queue for the 4 showing.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We didn’t really like it. It was our second night and we were tired. We did the meal package at chefs de France and it was great.
Our narrator was Jodi Benson and she was very preachy. I understand why people like it but I wouldn’t do it again.
It’s in our Christmas trip report
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post13656573