Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jul 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
Yes. Its 23kg and case is 22.6kg

Sorry yes we re just under and i apologise for confusion

My scales are fairly accurate

There is room in handluggage (volume and weight) if i need to remove stuff just hoping i dont have to cart it around iyswim.
Ours were all 23 point something and that was fine. Im assuming there's a bit of an allowance for scale accuracy.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I think it greatly depends on who is checking you in. My trip in may with VA, my case was 24.1 kg coming back (definitely weighed in kg not lbs). I'd tested it on my travel scales and it was showing much lower and the guy in front of me in the queue had been hideous to the poor woman on the desk. I don't know if it was because I was nice after someone terrible or another reason but she didn't blink an eye and didn't weigh my hand luggage.

On a previous trip though with VA, our case was 23.3kg and they made us unpack! They all thought it was quite funny when we started pulling out all our MNSSHP candy!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Couple of strange replies on this page - must be the heat !
Old 26 Jul 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
I use the scales at the onsite resort checkin to test if my luggage is overweight or not, then do the necessary swapping and jiggling there.
we have a digital bagage scale (the kind you hook the bag's handle to and lift to measure weight)

it's a very handy thing to have, and I would suggest any traveller to have this in their florida kit
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
we have a digital bagage scale (the kind you hook the bag's handle to and lift to measure weight)

it's a very handy thing to have, and I would suggest any traveller to have this in their florida kit
Ours goes on every holiday with us.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Ours goes on every holiday with us.
Taken one for years. When I get worried about the B&BW pile accruing on one of the spare beds I can loop all the carrier bag handles and put the scale strap through them and check.

Mick
Old 26 Jul 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Might have to sort one out...

Far be it from me to overstretch my remit on here, but can admins please change the thread title to Accumulating as that's the more commonly used word, or spell cumulating correctly

Edited at 05:50 PM.
Thorpy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we have found with experience as other have , set out everything and leave half behind and you will still have plenty and a light case.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Might have to sort one out...

Far be it from me to overstretch my remit on here, but can admins please change the thread title to Accumulating as that's the more commonly used word, or spell cumulating correctly
Its my fake nails i cant type with them on lmao
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
I think it greatly depends on who is checking you in. My trip in may with VA, my case was 24.1 kg coming back (definitely weighed in kg not lbs). I'd tested it on my travel scales and it was showing much lower and the guy in front of me in the queue had been hideous to the poor woman on the desk. I don't know if it was because I was nice after someone terrible or another reason but she didn't blink an eye and didn't weigh my hand luggage.

On a previous trip though with VA, our case was 23.3kg and they made us unpack! They all thought it was quite funny when we started pulling out all our MNSSHP candy!
We had that as well we were also 23.3kg and had to move the candy
Also had hand luggage weighed on that flight
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List