Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jul 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

Yep, I get like that too. As chief planner which I throughly enjoy doing and organising everything from how we get to the airport and over night hotels the night before we fly etc. etc. When it gets to about 10 days before we go the panic mares start, the excitement diminishes and I go all numb about it all. Once I am on my way to the airport the enthusiasm returns and holiday mode kicks in. Weird !
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Always the same for me. I can only relax once we arrive at hotel. (Or first hotel if doing a road trip.)
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Me too, I get really excited when we book, then it wears off and in the build up in the last few weeks I just lose interest completely until the point we’re in the car on the way to the hotel the night before. Weird!
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Feeling exactly the same way at the moment. We leave on Tuesday for our first trip to WDW (we are seasoned DLP visitors) and I cried when we first booked (18months ago) but now nothing. I think it may be due to the travelling part and being unwell (throat infection) so hoping once there I'm excited.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Totally get like this whatever holiday. Drives my husband mad. I’m mega excited up until day before we go when I become in a bad mood and almost don’t want to go!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
Feeling exactly the same way at the moment. We leave on Tuesday for our first trip to WDW (we are seasoned DLP visitors) and I cried when we first booked (18months ago) but now nothing. I think it may be due to the travelling part and being unwell (throat infection) so hoping once there I'm excited.
We fly tuesday too from gatwick with va.. you?
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Always feel like this. Mine is to the point of dread a few days before then actually not wanting to go usually a day or so before... it’s crazy!

I find staying at the airport the night before helps as does twilight check in, once those are done it’s almost like my brain goes ‘oh well you have to go now..’ then I start to relax.

It’s so strange as for months I’m so excited. I’m not usually an anxiety sufferer.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
We fly tuesday too from gatwick with va.. you?
Manchester
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List