Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 May 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JulesAyr
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Mobile

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
We’re flying Christmas Eve and I fully intend to go!
Us to if we can

July 2004 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2007 - Christmas at Disney - Sheraton Studio City/Royal Plaza
June/July 2009 - Hilton Doubletree Guest Suites, LBV
July 2011 - Hard Rock Hotel, Marriott Clearwater, Buena Vista Palace
July 2012 - Buena Vista Palace / Royal Pacific Resort
July 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific Resort
July 2017 - OKW / Royal Pacific Resort
2019 - Christmas and New Year trip
JulesAyr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Peewee
VIP Dibber

Well I might be totally crazy, but we just booked this morning, 13th December for 3 weeks, the prices are so low at the moment we couldn't resist, bit of a gamble I guess!
Peewee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
We booked to go to New York for new year before all of this happened. Paid deposit so far. Fortunately our insurance covers us as was booked early enough, so we’re just seeing what happens.

If you can book on deposit only I may be tempted, but on the understanding I may be losing the deposit.
I hope you are still able to get to New York for New Years 🤞🏼 It’s still a good 6/7 months away so hopefully the world will be in a better place by then.
We have taken the risk and booked for Christmas, just paid deposit and will save up the rest in our savings account for now. Luckily we are covered if we aren’t able to go so will be able to use that deposit to rebook for a later date or whatever we choose to do.

Originally Posted by pepsicube View Post
We had already booked (and insured) for December.
Deposit paid for flight and car also for Disney and Universal tickets.
I’d paid the full amount for the hotel though (Holiday Inn at Disney Springs).
We don’t fancy all the crowds at Disney so are in the midst of changing to a Gulf coast break in Clearwater, with a few days in Daytona.
Holiday Inn were fantastic and refunded (even though I only asked for vouchers).
I think I would be doing the same if I was in your position. We love Disney but agree with what you are saying about the crowds and the restrictions definitely put me off as I feel it would take away the magic.
That’s great of Holiday Inn for refunding you!
Hope your holiday still goes ahead in Dec.

Originally Posted by Jamesfam View Post
I would check your insurance and see if it would cover you should you get sick if you booked now. As healthcare out of pocket in the states is $$$. If the insurance is good and bookings are cancellable if you can’t travel then there’s no reason not to book and see what happens in the next few months.
We are yet to check on travel/health insurance but that’s definitely a good point which I hadn’t thought of. Although we have now booked as like you say, we are able to cancel or change our holiday without problems.

Originally Posted by PIGLET38 View Post
We are already booked for December. We are booked with Virgin Holidays and still hopeful of it going ahead. We have only paid a deposit so far with the balance due the end of September - hopefully we will be in a better position to know by then if it’s going to go ahead.
We have now booked for Dec and have done the same with just paying the deposit for now. The rest we are putting in our savings account and will pay it off once we know more. Fingers crossed for it all being okay by then!

Holidaying like Kings - May 2017 @ Orlando Villas.. Doing WDW pregnant - September 2012 @ Rosen inn at pointe Orlando.
ILOV3DOLPHINS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
I already had a trip booked over the Xmas Holiday period (1st Jan). We will still go if we are able to.
Fingers crossed for your holiday still going ahead too. I’m feeling positive that things will be much better by then.

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
We are off to Oz this Christmas and New Year (hopefully) - I know not the same location but came on to say yes I would still go - we are hoping our trip still goes ahead. Balance is due September... booked October 2019.
Oh Wow, how amazing!
Have you been paying off the balance as normal as you’ve had it booked for a while?
Hope you are able to go when the time comes

Originally Posted by john w View Post
We are booked for November. 3 nights at Disney .Disney cruise for one week then two weeks at Disney booked. Still hope it will go ahead.
Sounds like a dream holiday 😍
How do you guys feel about all of the restrictions that Disney are putting in place? Do you think some could still be in play when you are due to be there?
Really hope it all goes ahead for you.

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
We’re booked for December, 5 weeks including a Disney cruise!

Booked ages ago so all insured but I wouldn’t be booking now as not having insurance would worry me.
Wow, 5 weeks! 😍 I really hope you guys don’t miss out on that adventure.
We have now booked but haven’t looked into insurance so hoping we will still be able to get covered. 😬

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
We’re flying Christmas Eve and I fully intend to go!
Ah Christmas Eve! I always think how magical that would be but in hindsight I can imagine (in my reality) it wouldn’t be. I flew Christmas Eve Eve quite a few years ago and it was very touch and go! 😂
Hope all is good for you going on your holidays.

Holidaying like Kings - May 2017 @ Orlando Villas.. Doing WDW pregnant - September 2012 @ Rosen inn at pointe Orlando.
ILOV3DOLPHINS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We are booked for the west coast, flying out on the 13th and home on the 26th. Fingers crossed.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by alim66 View Post
We booked with BA (flight and hotel) a few weeks ago, deposit only, can change for free if needed, full payment due 3 weeks before, car hire with dfch, payable October, Axa travel insurance- covers for medical, PI Heathrow Bath Road - £30 can cancel , pod parking at Heathrow also can be cancelled. Is a lot cheaper than the same holiday last Christmas.
We have also booked with BA! Cheapest by a fair bit for us, 10 days in a villa over Christmas, flying on the 17th. Deposit paid and putting the rest away in a savings account for now. Feel happy knowing they are allowing us flexibility if things get fluffed up!
Haven’t booked anything else yet for a number of reasons; car hire is coming up mad expensive for some reason?! And unsure whether we will definitely fly from Gatwick or if it will be changed to Heathrow.
Quite confidant in thinking all will be fine by then.

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
We're booked and paid in full for our 4 weeks over Christmas, the balance was paid when our May trip was goosed, Virgin transferred our money for May to the December one, I'm playing it by ear to see how things are for anyone going before our official pay by date, if there are lots of bad reports as to how things are out there, I might decide to change dates, but really don't want to as we've been going for Christmas for years now.
That’s a good idea for keeping an eye out for what other people report back, I definitely see where you are coming from but just keep in mind that everyone has very different opinions and thoughts. So something one person might not like or report as bad might be something that you wouldn’t be bothered by.
Unless there were lots of really bad reports and it sounded bad out there with the virus, I don’t think I would let people’s opinions sway my decision.
I really hope you are able to carry on your tradition of Christmas across the pond For us as a family, it will be the first Christmas abroad and we are super excited for it.

Originally Posted by coola View Post
Booked to fly out on December 15th, confident we are going!
We are going in the 17th and positive in thinking all will be fine. Fingers crossed for us all!

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
We changed our July holiday to Christmas in Orlando. We had a deadline of before February for our annual insurance and for cover to remain the same, so we’ve got 12 days holiday and come back NY Day. We stopped talking about it at home, so we don’t get the kids’ hopes up just get.
Oh bless them, do they know about the Christmas booking at all or have you kept it close to you for now? We have talked about it in front of and with our son, he knows it’s booked but have discussed about the possibility of it being postponed. Although I think our hopes of it going ahead are definitely very high!

Originally Posted by Michelleco123 View Post
We’re booked for Xmas 2020. We’re staying at Beach Club for 4 nights then Off to house for 3 weeks. Universal, sea world, Busch Grdns all booked so We’re fully committed to going! Unless things take a turn for the worse again of course. The kids are so excited I think they’d be devastated if it were to be cancelled.
What you have booked sounds amazing! We are all mega excited and have very high hopes of it all being okay too. Who wouldn’t? Only time will tell I suppose. Fingers crossed we have no devastated children or adults! 😂

Old 1 Jun 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JulesAyr View Post
Us to if we can
Everything crossed for us all being able to go on our holibobs!

Originally Posted by Peewee View Post
Well I might be totally crazy, but we just booked this morning, 13th December for 3 weeks, the prices are so low at the moment we couldn't resist, bit of a gamble I guess!
We have joined you on the crazy train and booked our Christmas trip just this weekend! 😄 Flying BA Dec 17th for 10days in a villa. Deposit paid, balance due 3 weeks before. We also found such a good deal that we couldn’t resist and the fact that’s it’s all changeable sold it for us! Confident in thinking it will be going ahead and if not, it’s not the end of the world..we will just rebook it.

Old 1 Jun 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

We winter on Bokeelia, flying to RSW early Nov, once the ban is lifted we'll need to see a C-19 decrease and increase in operable flights... saw very reasonable business class fares recently but whilst uncertainty remains I feel it'll be a long time before/if we purchase flights.

Some don't envisage a lifestyle change, I don't see life 'as you were' for a long time, if ever, and whilst we've always avoided busy areas, prefering to remain on island, that choice will be compounded further, if we get there of course!