Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
So as things stand if you opt for Monday Wednesday or Saturday from Gatwick to MCO in theory the flights are still available?
Yes by the look of things that’s what’s happening at the moment , I’m just waiting to speak to some one finally got thru and into the queue
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JulesAyr
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Mobile

Hi my flights cancelled as they are flying that route from Heathrow on my date - 24th December. I rang and they moved me to the Heathrow flight.

July 2004 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2007 - Christmas at Disney - Sheraton Studio City/Royal Plaza
June/July 2009 - Hilton Doubletree Guest Suites, LBV
July 2011 - Hard Rock Hotel, Marriott Clearwater, Buena Vista Palace
July 2012 - Buena Vista Palace / Royal Pacific Resort
July 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific Resort
July 2017 - OKW / Royal Pacific Resort
2019 - Christmas and New Year trip
JulesAyr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I got through to them, however as I have booked hotel and flight they won’t help me so need to call back tomorrow and ask for the BA holiday team as they stop talking calls at 8pm, the man also said that they it’s def just mOn weds and Saturday that there flying to Mco at the moment though that may increase over time or also be reduced. He also said they were not moving the Orlando flights to Heathrow? Will see what they say tomorrow, I went did some dummy bookings and it’s showing both flight from gatwick and Heathrow so strange, I’d prefer to fly from Heathrow as can get direct from Aberdeen, rather than doing my usual which is flying from Edinburgh as they fly to gatwick unlike Aberdeen where the service was withdrawn

Edited at 10:10 PM.
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
FlowRider
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
I got through to them, however as I have booked hotel and flight they won’t help me so need to call back tomorrow and ask for the BA holiday team as they stop talking calls at 8pm, the man also said that they it’s def just mOn weds and Saturday that there flying to Mco at the moment though that may increase over time or also be reduced. He also said they were not moving the Orlando flights to Heathrow? Will see what they say tomorrow, I went did some dummy bookings and it’s showing both flight from gatwick and Heathrow so strange, I’d prefer to fly from Heathrow as can get direct from Aberdeen, rather than doing my usual which is flying from Edinburgh as they fly to gatwick unlike Aberdeen where the service was withdrawn
We've received the email as well. Failed to get through to anyone though! Tried the number on the email, which is automated and says to call 0800 727800 (or something like that), and that just said they were too busy to answer my call. Do you have another number to try tomorrow. We're on the fly drive package so I assume we're in the same boat and need to speak to BA Holidays!

If you've got another number, that'd be much appreciated!
FlowRider is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlowRider View Post
We've received the email as well. Failed to get through to anyone though! Tried the number on the email, which is automated and says to call 0800 727800 (or something like that), and that just said they were too busy to answer my call. Do you have another number to try tomorrow. We're on the fly drive package so I assume we're in the same boat and need to speak to BA Holidays!

If you've got another number, that'd be much appreciated!
That’s the number that I used, I did get the call back later message but just kept redialling every few minutes. I think everything shuts down at 10pm so just call tomorrow that’s my plan or I may wait a couple days , when you get thru just say your on a package rather than flight only and they will transfer you to the BA holidays team ( there’s may be another wait to speak to them) but going by posts on here it’s a straight forward process when you speak to someone - good luck and let us know how you get on, I plan to post how I get on
Old 30 Jul 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
JulesAyr
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Mobile

I’m a flydrive and they changed the cancelled flight to the Heathrow flight and also changed my domestic connection from a Gla to LGW to lhr too.

I called the 0800 number that was quoted and got the unable to take your call option - redialled until I got through to the hold music. Was in hold for an hour before call answered but they then changed my flights super quickly and was really helpful.

July 2004 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2007 - Christmas at Disney - Sheraton Studio City/Royal Plaza
June/July 2009 - Hilton Doubletree Guest Suites, LBV
July 2011 - Hard Rock Hotel, Marriott Clearwater, Buena Vista Palace
July 2012 - Buena Vista Palace / Royal Pacific Resort
July 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific Resort
July 2017 - OKW / Royal Pacific Resort
2019 - Christmas and New Year trip
JulesAyr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JulesAyr View Post
I’m a flydrive and they changed the cancelled flight to the Heathrow flight and also changed my domestic connection from a Gla to LGW to lhr too.

I called the 0800 number that was quoted and got the unable to take your call option - redialled until I got through to the hold music. Was in hold for an hour before call answered but they then changed my flights super quickly and was really helpful.
I was on the phone bang on 8am took about 10 minutes to get through, the guy from BA (Paul) was so helpful, he rearranged my flights to fly from Aberdeen instead of Edinburgh’s now going Aberdeen-Heathrow-orlando, I also got money back on both trips due to the hotel prices going down, so am one happy guy!
Glad your experience on the phone went well, have to say BA have been amazing (apart from the BA guy I spoke to last night who was as much use as a chocolate fire guard) over the last few months with all the changes I’ve had to make
Old 30 Jul 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Racnoss View Post
Hi, basically they seem to be reducing flights to 3pw from LGW to MCO, so as long as you are travelling Mon/Weds/Sat, all OK:-) for now! :-) looks this way for winter season. Hope this helps
So after the initial panic yesterday with our inbound flight (a Tuesday) being cancelled with thanks to Racnoss we went on to the BA app and amended the booking to fly home a day earlier - Monday. 5 minute job and confirmed, so we are good to go again, no dramas, panic over

(Unless BA move the goal posts or Trumpy doesn't let us in!)

Edited at 10:17 AM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Racnoss
Earning More Ears

Mobile should be ok

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
I had an email from BA cancelling our flights for Thurs 11th March 21 - Thurs 25th March 21 but not a word about our November flights this year, we are due to fly on Weds 11th Nov and return on Weds 25th Nov.
Weds/Weds should be OK. For the moment! :-)
Racnoss is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
FlowRider
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
That’s the number that I used, I did get the call back later message but just kept redialling every few minutes. I think everything shuts down at 10pm so just call tomorrow that’s my plan or I may wait a couple days , when you get thru just say your on a package rather than flight only and they will transfer you to the BA holidays team ( there’s may be another wait to speak to them) but going by posts on here it’s a straight forward process when you speak to someone - good luck and let us know how you get on, I plan to post how I get on
Will do! Thanks for the tip! I only tried once. Perseverance is clearly the key.
FlowRider is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List