Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Thin wire coathangers so you can get a lot into a small wardrobe.
Primark do some really good thin coat hangers in nice colours.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Primark do some really good thin coat hangers in nice colours.
That’s the ones my DD has, they’re quite sturdy too
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That’s the ones my DD has, they’re quite sturdy too
I bought some too after I saw how good they were.

Think they are about £2 for 10.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

I was in Dunelm the other day and noticed this.

I think IKEA fo something similar.

My daughter went to Uni last year and I think something like this would have been good.

You can use the list on the box for ideas of things to buy.

Hope this helps someone.

Old 22 Aug 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

I was reading through this today for ideas on what to take to Uni - thestudentroom/uni...sity-checklist

If you have a Wilko's locally we found them much better and cheaper than Ikea for the majority of things.
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Abbysmum View Post
I was reading through this today for ideas on what to take to Uni - thestudentroom/uni...sity-checklist

If you have a Wilko's locally we found them much better and cheaper than Ikea for the majority of things.
Agree about Wilko.

It was funny last year in Lincoln on moving in day - Wilko was absolutely rammed with students and their parents.

Got everything we needed there.
Old 25 Aug 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi just caught up with this, my dd is saying she doesn’t want any saucepans or frying pan as she plans on microwave meals and choc au pain or cereal for breakfast. Should I still get her some? We are both going so I’m sure if we go in seperate it would be ok, dad needs to lug it all in and I need to inspect and make sure it’s all looking pretty!
Old 26 Aug 20, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Hi just caught up with this, my dd is saying she doesn’t want any saucepans or frying pan as she plans on microwave meals and choc au pain or cereal for breakfast. Should I still get her some? We are both going so I’m sure if we go in seperate it would be ok, dad needs to lug it all in and I need to inspect and make sure it’s all looking pretty!
That's funny! She is taking the student life seriously then with the minimum of cooking?

I would get her a cheap set as my daughter couldn't really cook before uni, but now she sends me lots of photos of her meals.

To be honest after seeing the state of the kitchens after a few weeks, she might be glad of her pots and pans, so that she doesn't have to use a microwave used by everyone!
Old 26 Aug 20, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Haha this is my son, he took brand new saucepans and frying pan last year and didn’t use them once
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn’t buy them yet but she could possibly do with a lesson or 2 on cooking pasta etc 😉

DD survived on pasta, jackets, paella etc whereas DS is more your bung everything in the oven On gas mark 6 kinda guy ... just like me lol.

Anyway, if she’s sharing a kitchen you could end up with 6 (or whatever) students taking saucepans which inevitably won’t get used.

Added to the mix my kids uni supplied pans as the cookers were induction.
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List