Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Sep 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
You are in the NorthEast ... I wouldn’t stray, you can’t beat the area... Alnwick, Farne Islands, Beamish, Hadrian’s wall, Bamburgh Castle, Craster, etc etc 😀😀😀
We just had a great short break based out of Rothbury.
I agree, love that area but may well have all been done on day trips, I certainly had when I lived in Hexham and Newcastle.

I’m loving Scotland at the min, I really love the Aviemore area (first few days of my recent trippie) but might be a bit far?
Things I didn’t do because I had the dog with me include but are not limited to

Meeting the reindeer
The wildlife park
Canoeing etc on the lochs
Visiting lots of lovely castles and gardens
A trip to a whisky distillery

I like Aberfeldy and Pitlochry too.
I don’t really ‘hike’ either, but enjoy walking around seeing stuff and keeping myself busy.

I cruise too like you and so guess our holiday choices are similar x
Old 11 Sep 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I was just going to suggest Liverpool, Chester, north wales and see other already have!
I think that’s a cracking idea as everywhere is so driveable. Parts of north wales are lovely, and think Liverpool is one of my fave day trips
Old 11 Sep 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Northumberland is definitely not an option. I wouldn’t stay there unless it was for a particular hotel experience. And we want to get away, if we stay at home we won’t end up doing more than one day trip.

I’m being particularly grumpy / fussy which I think is due to knowing I can’t go abroad. Not that we often do at half term. But knowing it’s not an option is putting me in a negative frame of mind.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We are driving down to Stratford Upon Avon on Monday for a few days. There are some lovely places near by. It’s a great base to explore the area.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We should be in Florida right now 😟
Instead, we’re in the midst of our 3 week UK road trip 😃.
So far we’ve done Lincoln, North Yorkshire (Scarborough, Thornton-le-Dale, Helmsley, Malton & York), Durham, Northumberland (Seahouses, Warkworth, Alnmouth, Bamburgh & Alnwick), Edinburgh, Dundee & St Andrews.
Coming up are the Angus area (Carnoustie, Arbroath, Montrose & Brechin), the Highlands (Dalwhinnie, Newtonmore, Blair Atholl, Pitlochry, Fort William & Glencoe), New Lanark, Lake District (Keswick), Yorkshire Dales (Ilkley), Peak District (Bakewell) & Leamington Spa.
All places we’ve not visited before; some stunning sights so far.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Northumberland is definitely not an option. I wouldn’t stay there unless it was for a particular hotel experience. And we want to get away, if we stay at home we won’t end up doing more than one day trip.

I’m being particularly grumpy / fussy which I think is due to knowing I can’t go abroad. Not that we often do at half term. But knowing it’s not an option is putting me in a negative frame of mind.
I know how you feel, we just had our last holiday of the year cancelled and, even though we expected it to be cancelled, it really upset me to think we’ve not been able to go abroad this year. We’ve booked the Airbnb in Devon as an alternative and I’m sure we will enjoy it but it won’t be the same as usual and I’m not expecting it to be.

I’m thinking of it as something different, a change of scenery and a chance to relax. It’s certainly not going to compete with Mexico or Majorca (which were both booked and cancelled for October) but I’m going to enjoy it for what it is.

I hope you can find something you like, it is a case of ‘making do’ or ‘appreciating what we can do’ this year and fingers crossed for a return to the real normal next year 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

We were supposed to be in Majorca this week, we ended up basing ourselves in Bath and had time in Oxford and Wales as well as Bath. We have had a lovely time and have been very fortunate with the weather.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We have a long weekend at the cotswolds water park coming up and also a week in Portmeirion (staying in the castle in the village).

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

A bit biased maybe but my suggestion would be Chester and North Wales. Portmeirion is amazing but depends on how far you want to travel.
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

We did a weekend in Lincoln last year. It was lovely, lots to see and do. Definitely recommend.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List